Melt in your mouth Zucchini Quiche without the crust. Tastes so good cold! Simple ingredients make it an easy quiche recipe to whip up any time life gives you zucchini.
A few years ago, a health-conscious neighbor shared delicious crustless zucchini quiche that I loved the taste of but my stomach didn’t agree with the amount of dairy in it.
Never being able to forget an experience of a cold savory quiche on a summer morning, which created heaven in my mouth, I was set to come up with my own super simple and healthy zucchini quiche using only a few ingredients:
- Lots and lots of grated zucchini
- Many fresh local eggs and
- A small amount of Parmesan cheese for a punch of flavor.
Since then I’ve gone on to create further crustless quiches including crustless spinach quiche, spaghetti squash, kale, and mushroom quiche, and spaghetti squash and Mediterranean vegetable quiche. I also love a nutritious frittata like this Vegetable Frittata.
Best of all, this zucchini quiche gets to take advantage of one of my favorite ingredients; courgette. Whether you’re wanting something sweet or savory I have dozens of recipes here including zucchini brownies, baked zucchini fritters, chicken zucchini casserole, and a zucchini lasagna among many. Check out my full list of zucchini recipes for more inspiration!
What is Crustless Quiche Texture Like?
I have to say that my zucchini quiche came out amazing with a delicate texture from grated vs. cubed zucchini. It didn’t taste like an omelette, neither did it have a texture of a pie – bingo. It melts in your mouth!
How to Make Crustless Zucchini Quiche
1. Squeeze Zucchini
Using the same grated zucchini squeezing technique like in healthy zucchini bread, I place shredded zucchini inside a linen towel, then twist into a ball and as I keep twisting with all my mighty force, liquid starts to come out.
Do it over a bowl and save liquid for smoothies or soup (last time I used it for Ukrainian borscht haha).
2. Whisk Eggs, Flour and Cheese
For my zucchini quiche I used 8 large eggs.
Add flour and it will take some muscle power and a few minutes to combine both by whisking. I didn’t use any milk because zucchini is quite a moist vegetable, on the contrary, I needed absorbing ingredients to help shape a quiche and not extra liquid (similarly for this Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole).
3. Add Herbs and Combine Everything
Combine both mixtures.
4. Bake at 400 F for 45 Mins
And bake. I lined my baking dish with parchment paper because it is more of a cheesecake one where bottom slides out. That is also a reason I placed baking dish on a baking tray, plus dish was too shallow, so I was scared quiche would spill all over the oven I prefer to avoid cleaning. Nothing of above mentioned has happened, so just pour mixture into well sprayed regular pie dish and you will be fine.
This healthy quiche came out amazing, tasted even better cold the next morning for breakfast. Enjoy! You can also enjoy this quiche with a leafy green salad!
How to Make Ahead, Store and Reheat
Make ahead quiche mixture and refrigerate for up to 1 day. After bake as per recipe. If you need to make quiche ahead 2 days in advance, you can prep zucchini and store with chives. And grate cheeses and refrigerate separately. Helps a lot!
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days covered. Quice makes amazing breakfast, snack and food on the go.
Reheat quiche? I love mine cold. It is so good! If you must, I recommend a microwave otherwise it will dry out in the oven.
More Healthy Egg Recipes
- Sweet Potato and Eggs
- Hashbrown breakfast casserole
- Quinoa egg muffins
- Sweet potato hash
- Healthy breakfast sandwich
- Avocado egg salad
- Healthy breakfast casserole
Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- 7 cups 2-2.5 lbs shredded zucchini (measured before squeezing)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup any hard cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup chives or green onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray I use Misto
- Give shredded zucchini a good squeeze to extract as much water as possible. I do it by placing zucchini into a linen towel and wringing into a ball (save the liquid for soup or smoothies). Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray pie baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs and whisk.
- Add flour and whisk well to combine (it will take a few minutes).
- Add both cheeses, salt and pepper, and whisk one more time.
- To the bowl with zucchini, add chives and mix with spatula. Then pour egg flour mixture on top and stir well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to previously prepared baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Broil for a few minutes for a golden crust. Cool off a bit, cut into 8 slices and enjoy warm or cold (I love cold quiche!).
- Make ahead quiche mixture and refrigerate for up to 1 day. After bake as per recipe. If you need to make quiche ahead 2 days in advance, you can prep zucchini and store with chives. And grate cheeses and refrigerate separately. Helps a lot!
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days covered. Quiche makes amazing breakfast, snack and food on the go.
- Reheat quiche? I love mine cold. It is so good! If you must, I recommend a microwave otherwise it will dry out in the oven.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.