Avocado Mint Fudge is a healthy version of grasshopper bars made with raw avocado, banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao nibs, and peppermint extract. These creamy bars are perfect for the holidays or as guilt-free indulgent healthy snacks.
I decided to make my own avocado mint fudge after my friend Christi showed up on my doorstep with avocado grasshopper bars. Those bars were absolutely lip-smackingly good and inspiring!
I wanted to create a healthy fudge bar that was easy, quick and deliciously creamy. And here it is! This will be the healthiest fudge you’ve ever tried’ no condensed milk or tons of sugar!
This avocado fudge is perfectly sweet with the banana, maple syrup, coconut oil, peppermint extract, and cacao nibs. The raw avocado provides the perfect creaminess to this fudge.
You can enjoy bars all year long as a delectable healthy treat. But I also think they are great for the holidays! Serve them up alongside other healthy no-bake treats like cacao nibs brownie bites, coconut protein balls, no-bake black bean brownies, and protein cookies!
Ingredients for Avocado Mint Fudge Bars
- Avocados: I swear by Costco’s Haas avocados. They are the best ever! And yes, these fudge bars may have a slight avocado taste. But I love avocado so much!
- Bananas: Just 1 small (ugly) banana. Trust me when I say that you won’t even taste the banana.
- Cacao nibs: You can substitute chocolate chips or omit entirely. Cacao nibs are very bitter pieces of cacao beans, if consumed on their own. But if you add them to something sweet, you get the taste and crunch of chocolate chips. Well, almost. Plus they’re FULL of antioxidants!!
- Maple syrup or honey: I use raw, unfiltered and local honey, but maple syrup is great too!
- Coconut oil, peppermint extract and salt.
How to Make Avocado Fudge Bars
There is a full recipe card below.
Healthy fudge goodness doesn’t get much easier than this recipe!
- Combine ingredients: Add avocados, bananas, honey, peppermint extract, salt and coconut oil to a food processor or high speed blender. Process until the mixture is very smooth.
- Add cacao nibs: Pulse enough to incorporate the cacao nibs into the mixture.
- Pour: Pour the mixture into a lined 8” x 8” square dish.
- Freeze: for 3 hours.
Serving and Storing Bars
Serve: Remove from the freezer and cut into 16 squares. Enjoy frozen.
Store: It is best to keep these fudge bars in the freezer. They will last up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Give as a gift: Because these bars are the perfect holiday treat, who wouldn’t want to receive the gift of homemade healthy avocado mint fudge bars?! From freezer to freezer, of course.
Just cut into squares, place in a tin and add a festive bow! Voila! Your family and friends will love it!
More Healthy Desserts and Snacks
- Superfood chocolate bars
- Healthy strawberry cheesecake bars
- Healthy rum balls
- No bake black bean brownies
- Carrot cake truffles
- Banana oatmeal bars
- Healthy lemon bars
Avocado Mint Fudge Bars
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add avocado, banana, melted coconut oil, honey, peppermint extract and salt. Process until very smooth.
- Add cacao nibs and give a few pulses to incorporate.
- Pour into lined with parchment paper 8” x 8” square dish and freeze for 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 16 squares. Enjoy frozen.
Store: Freeze cut up in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes without permission. Nutritional info is approximate.