Greek Yogurt Guacamole is an avocado dip that is creamy, higher in protein and doesn’t brown. Making it perfect for parties!
Guacamole Dip That Doesn’t Brown
Seriously, have you “met” guacamole that doesn’t brown yet? Sign me up for this creamy Greek yogurt guacamole made with avocados, Greek yogurt, cilantro and jalapeno peppers. I tried this avocado dip recipe at my friend’s house and loved it right away.
Greek yogurt adds amazing creaminess and extra protein to a guacamole, not to mention it prevents this traditional easy Mexican appetizer from browning for a least 24 hours, making it perfect for a potluck or a busy weekend ahead.
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Guacamole
- Avocados: I swear by Costco’s avocados (=> my healthy Costco shopping list) – they are the creamiest and the tastiest ever! Keep in mind, they are very large, so you will probably need 2 for this avocado yogurt dip.
Ripe avocados have brown/black skin and are soft to the touch, not too soft. I shared an easy way to clean and pit avocados in my chickpea avocado salad, which is to die for and super easy to make.
- Greek Yogurt: I highly recommend to buy organic and more than 2% fat content, at least 3.5%. Thank goodness, days when we thought low fat dairy is healthy are over. So, no 0% yogurt please, your guacamole dip won’t be creamy and will taste bland, trust me.
Greek yogurt is the secret to non-browning guacamole. Seriously, make it today, cover with plastic and watch magic unfold tomorrow – I usually prepare it on Thursday for a low key Friday night (aren’t we all exhausted by then?!).
- Spices: I added my measurements for spices, but this is where you can adjust everything to your taste. If serving Greek yogurt guacamole with chips, do not add too much salt, usually chips are salty already.
Control amount of spiciness by seeding jalapeños or not (seeds contain the heat, not so much the peppers themselves), and add garlic if you wish – sometimes I do, and sometimes I don’t feel like it.
You can also add fresh chopped red onion and tomatoes, if you wish.
Stir and enjoy!
More Mexican Dips
Greek Yogurt Guacamole
- 4 large avocados
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp jalapeños seeded & finely chopped
- 1/2 lime juice of
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Garlic to taste (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork or masher, leaving some in big chunks.
Store: Greek Yogurt Guacamole can be prepared and refrigerated covered for up to 1 day ahead as it doesn't brown.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.