Peach Salsa is juicy, fresh and sweet with a kick of heat. It is truly summer in a bowl! Serve peach salsa with tortilla chips or on top of chicken, pork or salmon.
Peach Salsa Recipe
Peach salsa is so good that I am willing to sacrifice fresh peaches for it (and for Instant Pot peach cobbler, too!). If you know me, you know I am obsessed with seasonal fruit. I refuse to cook it. We only eat raw fresh local fruit “to stock up” our taste buds for winter.
This peach salsa is great for a summer dinner (which is often the case in my house), easy enough for a snack with chips and perfect for a summer get-together, party or potluck. No matter how or where you eat this, it will be a hit!
Ingredients for Peach Salsa
The ingredients for peach salsa are simple. You just need a little bit of patience to chop and dice them.
- Peaches: The best peaches to use for salsa are soft and give in a bit to the touch. Any variety of peaches work well in this salsa. You do not have to peel the peaches. Once diced, you will not taste the skin.
- Traditional Mexican Flavors: Red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno or habanero pepper
- Variations: You can add bell pepper, avocado, mango, pineapple, mint or ginger (all to your taste liking).
How to Make Peach Salsa
Making Peach Salsa is simple and quick! Dice, combine, stir and enjoy!
- Core peaches: Using a sharp knife, slice peach to the pit in half all around. Then slice into quarters. Now it should be easy to remove the pits.
- Dice peaches: Make sure your knife is sharp before dicing peaches so you don’t end up with mushy salsa.
- Chop remaining ingredients: Chop tomatoes, onions, cilantro and peppers to roughly the same size to ensure you get all the amazing flavours in one bite.
- Combine: Stir all the chopped ingredients together and add lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate salsa: It is best to refrigerate peach salsa for at least 15 minutes so all the flavours can combine.
How to Store Peach Salsa
Like all salsas, peach salsa will start to leak juices pretty much right away.
Store: In an airtight container in the fridge, it will keep for up to 48 hours.
Make ahead: Add diced ingredients without stirring or adding salt until you are just about ready to serve. It will last longer that way.
How to Serve Peach Salsa
Meat: Peach salsa can be served alongside a number of meat dishes.
- Pork: Peach salsa pairs well with pork. Grilled pork tenderloin comes to mind right away.
- Salmon: Grilled salmon tastes so good with a side of peach salsa!
- Chicken: Grilled chicken like grilled chicken breast, cilantro lime chicken or even Greek chicken are calling peach salsa’s name.
More Healthy Summer Dips
To Core Peaches:
- With a sharp knife, slice peach to the pit in half all around.
- Then slice each half in half to the pit ending up with 4 quarters.
- Now it should be easy to remove each quarter size slice from the pit.
To Make Peach Salsa:
- In a medium bowl, add diced peaches, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir, cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Or pile up on top of chicken, fish, salmon, pork tenderloin or tacos.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 48 hours.
Make Ahead: Do not add salt or stir. Do that right before serving. It will last longer.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes without permission. Nutritional info is approximate.