5 Minute Salsa Guacamole with avocado, jarred salsa, garlic, and cilantro. So easy and a new tasty twist on traditional guacamole.
Table of Contents
Salsa guacamole is one of the easiest and healthiest appetizers you could possibly make. A few years ago, my husband, Alex, added a scoop of jarred salsa to my guacamole and we all went nuts for it. Even the kids didn’t find it too spicy and you can easily adjust the heat level based on the salsa you use.
And this is what I’m presenting here to you. Serve with chips and veggies for your next game day, enjoy on a hot summer day, or even skip dinner one night.
Why not?! Healthy fats, complex carbs, you got it! Let’s make guacamole salsa recipe.
Ingredients for Salsa Guacamole
To make this salsa guacamole recipe you will need just a handful simple ingredients.
- Avocado: Make sure to use ripe avocado that is soft to the touch but gives in when pressed. My favorite are extra large Haas avocado but you can use any.
- Salsa and chips: I also love Que Pasa salsa and chips because they are lower in sodium, organic is a bonus and quite affordable.
- Cilantro, garlic and lime: Please know these ingredients taste amazing in any Mexican dish. But even if you mix mashed avocado with salsa, it will be delish! Make salsa guac with what you have on hand.
How to Make Salsa Guacamole
Here is a quick overview how to make salsa guacamole. There is full recipe card below.
- Mash avocados with a fork or potato masher but not too much. I personally love chunks to bite into.
- Add salsa, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Trust me on garlic. It was meant for Ukrainian cooking and guacamole.
- And stir. That’s it! Your salsa guacamole is ready.
How to Make Ahead and Store
Make ahead: The beauty of salsa guacamole is that once combined with salsa colour is already brown-red. Agree, not the best. So, naturally you can make this guacamole recipe ahead for up to 2 days.
I still recommend to prevent it from extra browning. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of guacamole, push gently so it is touching it and refrigerate inside sealed container. This will prevent avocado from oxidizing.
Store: Same recommendation above goes for storing guacamole leftovers. Another trick I use often is to pour cold water on top. Just drain before serving and stir.
How To Serve Salsa Guacamole
There are tons of other ways to enjoy this salsa guacamole including:
- With tacos: Like these ground chicken tacos, carne asada tacos, ground turkey tacos, or ground beef tacos. You could also serve it up with chicken tostadas.
- Wraps: Like these chicken quesadillas, veggie quesadillas, or this chicken burrito.
- Vegetables: Like with this sweet potato skillet.
More Avocado Recipes to Try
More Healthy Dip Recipes
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork or potato masher, leaving some chunks in.
- Add salsa, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir and serve with chips and/or vegetables.
- Use what you have on hand. Even 2 ingredients: salsa + avocado = delish guac.
- To extend guacamole shelf life, place a piece of plastic wrap on top and push gently so it touches the guac. Then refrigerate in a sealed container. Less air – less browning.
- Use mild, medium or hot salsa – personal preference.
- Store: This salsa will be gone in no time but in case, you can refrigerate it in an airtight container for 1-2 days (its colour won’t change much thanks to salsa).