Guacamole salsa is one of the easiest and healthiest appetizers you could possibly make. I absolutely love plain simple guacamole – avocado, cilantro, garlic, lime, salt and pepper. However, sometimes you just want something new. A few years ago, my husband, Alex, added a scoop of jarred salsa to my guacamole and we all went nuts for it. Even kids didn’t find it spicy.
And this is what I’m presenting here to you – avocado + salsa = avocado salsa dip. Serve with chips and/or veggies for your next game day, enjoy on a hot summer day, or even skip dinner one night.
Why not?! Healthy fats, complex carbs, you got it! Let’s make guacamole salsa recipe.
Avocado Salsa Ingredients:
- I like to use large Haas avocado from Costco but you can use any.
- I also love Que Pasa salsa and chips (Kirkland brand is the same) because they are organic, lower in sodium and better for us.
- Cilantro, garlic and lime.
How to Make Guacamole Salsa Recipe
- Mash avocados with a fork but not too much. I personally love chunks to bite into.
- Add cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Trust me re: garlic. It was meant for Ukrainian cooking and guacamole.:)
- And stir. That’s it!
That was easy, right?!
More Guacamole and Creamy Dip Recipes:
- Greek yogurt guacamole – even more creamy with extra protein than traditional guacamole.
- Avocado Greek yogurt dip with Buffalo sauce – SO GOOD!
- Frozen avocado guacamole because you can!
- Healthy spinach dip with 2 package of fresh or frozen spinach and without a cup of mayo.
Simple 5 minute avocado salsa dip with avocado, jarred salsa, garlic and cilantro. No chopping and the best salsa I ever tried!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 4 very large (2 lbs) avocados
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork leaving some chunks in.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and serve with chips and/or vegetables.
Store: This salsa will be gone in no time but in case, you can refrigerate it in an airtight container for 1 day (its colour won’t change much thanks to salsa).
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.