Honey Garlic Butternut Squash is a tasty side dish recipe that is roasted in a skillet for just 15 minutes. Think sweet butternut squash mixed with garlic, toasted nuts and soft goat cheese.
Did you know that I have recently become obsessed with squash recipes? I have been cooking squash of all shapes, colors and varieties.
Why? Because I am in love with how easy to prepare, versatile, delicious and healthy these fall vegetables are.
In squash season, I cannot stop eating honey garlic butternut squash with toasted nuts and local creamy goat cheese crumbles.
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Butternut Squash
- Butternut squash
- Nuts: Pecans, pine nuts, almonds, or walnuts all work.
- Honey and garlic: You know I love garlic 🙂
- Cheese: Crumbled goat cheese
- And a little bit of salt, pepper and oil.
How to Make Honey Garlic Butternut Squash
There is a full recipe card below.
- Toast nuts: Toast until golden brown and fragrant. The nuts can easily burn, so don’t forget to stir.
- Cook squash: Add butternut squash to skillet with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients: Add honey, garlic and nuts to skillet. Cook for just a few more minutes while gently stirring.
- Garnish and serve: Finish this dish off with a topping of crumbled goat cheese. Serve hot.
Serving and Storing Tips
Honey garlic butternut squash is the perfect side dish to serve with:
- Chicken: Try it with baked chicken breast or baked chicken thighs.
- Roast: Pair honey garlic butternut squash with roast turkey breast or lamb.
- Instant Pot: While butternut squash is roasting on the skillet, why not cook a whole chicken or turkey breast in the Instant Pot at the same time?! Now, that’s an easy dinner idea!
Storing: Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating: To reheat throw butternut squash on a ceramic non-stick skillet with 1 tsp of oil. Stir gently until warmed through.
More Squash Recipes
- Oven baked butternut squash
- Healthy butternut squash soup
- Spaghetti squash casserole
- Turkey stuffed acorn squash
- Spaghetti squash mac and cheese
Honey Garlic Butternut Squash
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on low heat and add nuts. Toast until golden brown and fragrant, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Return skillet to low-medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir.
- Cover and cook for about 15-17 minutes or until medium firm, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey, garlic and nuts; gently stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Place drops of goat cheese on top and serve hot.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes without permission. Nutritional info is approximate.