Honey Garlic Butternut Squash is a tasty side dish recipe that is roasted in a skillet for just 15 minutes. Think sweet butternut squash mixed with garlic, toasted nuts and soft goat cheese.
Did you know that I have recently become obsessed with squash recipes? I have been cooking squash of all shapes, colors and varieties.
Why? Because I am in love with how easy to prepare, versatile, delicious and healthy these fall vegetables are.
In squash season, I cannot stop eating honey garlic butternut squash with toasted nuts and local creamy goat cheese crumbles.
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Butternut Squash
- Butternut squash
- Nuts: Pecans, pine nuts, almonds, or walnuts all work.
- Honey and garlic: You know I love garlic 🙂
- Cheese: Crumbled goat cheese
- And a little bit of salt, pepper and oil.
How to Make Honey Garlic Butternut Squash
There is a full recipe card below.
- Toast nuts: Toast until golden brown and fragrant. The nuts can easily burn, so don’t forget to stir.
- Cook squash: Add butternut squash to skillet with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients: Add honey, garlic and nuts to skillet. Cook for just a few more minutes while gently stirring.
- Garnish and serve: Finish this dish off with a topping of crumbled goat cheese. Serve hot.
Serving and Storing Tips
Honey garlic butternut squash is the perfect side dish to serve with:
- Chicken: Try it with baked chicken breast or baked chicken thighs.
- Roast: Pair honey garlic butternut squash with roast turkey breast or lamb.
- Instant Pot: While butternut squash is roasting on the skillet, why not cook a whole chicken or turkey breast in the Instant Pot at the same time?! Now, that’s an easy dinner idea!
Storing: Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating: To reheat throw butternut squash on a ceramic non-stick skillet with 1 tsp of oil. Stir gently until warmed through.
More Squash Recipes
- Oven baked butternut squash
- Healthy butternut squash soup
- Spaghetti squash casserole
- Turkey stuffed acorn squash
- Spaghetti squash mac and cheese
Honey Garlic Butternut Squash
- 3 lbs butternut squash peeled & cubed
- 1 cup any nuts pecans, pine nuts, almonds, walnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 2 oz goat cheese
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on low heat and add nuts. Toast until golden brown and fragrant, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Return skillet to low-medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir.
- Cover and cook for about 15-17 minutes or until medium firm, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey, garlic and nuts; gently stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Place drops of goat cheese on top and serve hot.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.