These Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes came out FANTASTIC!!! On a scale of 1 to 10, cauliflower taste = 0.5. Whoever came up with an idea for a cauliflower mash as a faux mashed potatoes is genius! You could easily swap it for mashed potatoes any time. I love mashed potatoes and eat them occasionally, more than that with turkey bacon and cream cheese, but I would make this for a lighter meal. Everything in moderation, my friends. And I’m so past the stage of deprivation. Mashed potatoes, bacon and cream cheese in mah belly…inside the belly, not hanging outside.:)
Cauliflower mashed potatoes are fluffy and light. Take 15 minutes to make and require minimum ingredients. Honestly, I have not made it before because a few years ago I attempted making cauliflower pudding and that came out disgusting. I still remember that creamy yucky taste in my mouth. But this…was nothing like that!
Just like with Cauliflower Biscuits, mashed cauliflower potatoes do not taste like mashed potatoes because…cauliflower is not potatoes, that is correct. But it tastes pretty darn amazing!
All you have to do do is cook cauliflower until fork tender. All my pots were busy so I successfully stuffed a huge cauliflower head into a small pot and made a big mess on my gas stove. So, that works if you are rushing like me, as always. I can’t wait to have a bigger sink in a few weeks to shoot better pictures. And new updated kitchen too. I will be poor again but happy – happy. And happy wife = happy life. Even my kids know that by now, they are men after all.
This wonderful buttery waterfall…This was only a tablespoon, it was a lot and I was surprised how much is a tablespoon of butter. I love butter in mashed potatoes and would never replace it with anything else. Organic, preferably grass-fed butter (if you can find it – I can’t) is the best. It is totally healthy, in moderation. In my opinion, not even my favourite coconut oil can compare.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes rules, I swear! Try it!
And look how you can take cauliflower mashed potatoes further just in extra 20 minutes – for recipe click =>>> Easy Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie Recipe.
Easy Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie Recipe Video
- 2.5 - 3 lbs (medium) cauliflower head
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp butter (I used salted) or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Separate cauliflower into florets and cut in smaller chunks. In a medium pot, combine cauliflower, garlic and enough cold water to cover the vegetables. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Drain.
- Add butter or olive oil, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Using immersion blender (food processor), process until very smooth or desired consistency. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, if necessary. Serve hot just like you would serve mashed potatoes.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving = 3/4 cup:
Total Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 7.8 mg
Sodium: 396.3 mg
Total Carbs: 14.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 7.1 g
Protein: 5.6 g
WW Points+: 2