I am on a cauliflower kick this week – Thai cauliflower rice and cauliflower biscuits.
They don’t have a light airy fluffy texture but rather more of vegetable muffins or big cauliflower tots. They did resemble biscuits in a sense though and we all loved them. It was a nice change in our so beaten up menu. I wouldn’t make them often or wouldn’t call them super healthy because they contain a fair amount of cheese and eggs.
How to Make Cauliflower Biscuits
I bought this cauliflower at the farmer’s market. It had a purple undertone to it, which was invisible after processing. Separate into florets.
In a food processor, add cauliflower in batches and process until fine crumbs. Smaller than in my photos, it will produce softer and fluffier cauliflower biscuits. In the last batch, add garlic.
Saute cauliflower for 5 – 7 minutes or until a bit golden.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
Divide mixture evenly among openings of a muffin tin and top with remaining 3 tbsp cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool. That’s it.Print
Cheesy Cauliflower Biscuits Recipe that is low carb and gluten free. Now, I’m not saying these are real biscuits but they taste pretty good.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 "buscuits"
- 1.5 lbs cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 eggs or 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp any firm cheese, shredded & tightly packed (I used Pepper Jack)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2-3 tbsp green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- In a food processor, add cauliflower in batches and process until fine crumbs. Smaller than in my photos. In the last batch, add garlic. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Preheat non-stick skillet on medium – high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add cauliflower and cook for 5 – 7 minutes or until a bit golden, stirring frequently and watching closely not to burn.
- In the meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk until dissolved. Add pre-cooked cauliflower along with cheese (except 3 tbsp), salt, pepper and green onions; mix well.
- Line muffin tin with liners or use silicone muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. Divide mixture evenly among openings and top with remaining 3 tbsp cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool a bit and serve hot or cold (I like).
Store: Keep refrigerated in a glass airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.