Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes made creamy, buttery, and lighter without taking up space on a busy stove. Low carb delicious alternative to regular mashed potatoes. More room for the turkey!
Slow cooker cauliflower mashed potatoes would come in handy during the Holidays, or any other gatherings. It gives everyone an option to have a lighter meal and yet not to be a burden for a cook.
I have prepared cauliflower mashed potatoes numerous times, and I truly love them. They are creamy, fluffy and butter covers up majority of cauliflower taste. Using slow cooker, turned up same results and today I will share how it went.
I love using cauliflower as a low-carb option, in general. It’s not just for mashing, I’ve also used it to make potato salad, pizza crust, breadsticks, risotto, biscuits, and tons of cauliflower rice recipes!
How to Make Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- I decided that 4 lbs of cauliflower is the perfect amount for a table full of turkey, salads, stuffing and mashed potatoes.
- Remove the leaves, rinse and chop into large pieces. Discard the cores – I felt like they are not worthwhile.
- Add cauliflower and garlic to a slow cooker. Garlic adds flavour, we don’t discard it but rather puree with cauliflower later.
- Add enough cold water to cover cauliflower, I can’t stress this point enough. Stir with a spoon to help cauliflower “sink”. If you don’t, cauliflower will turn brown and that is not something tasty, trust me.
- Drain cauliflower really well, in a colander! Don’t be lazy and try to drain it with a lid tiny bit open on the pot. It will mess up cauliflower mashed potatoes’ consistency.
- And last but not least, be patient and puree cauliflower for 4-5 minutes, it will come around.
More Low Carb Cauliflower Recipes
- Cauliflower fried rice
- Roasted cauliflower mac and cheese
- Cauliflower shepherds pie
- Teriyaki chicken and cauliflower
- Roasted garlic parmesan cauliflower
- Healthy Buffalo cauliflower soup
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Remove outer leaves, wash and chop into large pieces cauliflower (discard the cores).
- Add to a large slow cooker, along with garlic and enough water to cover (stir to make sure no cauliflower is sticking out). Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- Drain cauliflower (and garlic - do not discard) in a colander really well (otherwise mashed cauliflower consistency will be off), return to a slow cooker, and add butter and salt. Stir to let butter melt faster and puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Be patient, it will take 4-5 minutes because cauliflower has no starch unlike potatoes.
- Add chives, stir and serve like you would serve mashed potatoes.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 1 day. Cauliflower mashed potatoes taste best consumed within 24-36 hours.
- *Add more salt to taste if using unsalted butter (I used salted).
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.