Turkey Sliders with bacon, cheese and traditional fixings, everyone will love wrapped in lettuce mini burgers! Easy, juicy, low carb and flavourful.
These make for a perfect game-day treat alongside black bean nachos, cucumber bites, and/or seven-layer dip! In the summer include them as part of your healthy grill recipes!
Turkey Sliders Recipe
These turkey sliders are American burger meets my grandma’s patties. We call them “kotlety” in Ukraine. She always made the best healthy chicken burgers.
Healthy burger recipes and sliders are always a hit, because who doesn’t like a burger?! We certainly do – healthy turkey burgers, healthy chicken burgers, and healthy salmon burgers are just a few we enjoy. These turkey sliders are mini juicy and flavorful turkey burgers wrapped in lettuce leaves.
So, low carb. We ditch the heavy bun but keep all the traditional add-ons like bacon, cheese, and traditional fixings. And last thing, my turkey sliders are not dry. And secret ingredient is not a zucchini.
Honestly, I’m still so surprised when I talk to friends who save turkey just for the holidays. In my house, we make use of it year-round with crockpot ground turkey chili, turkey meatballs, turkey tacos, turkey meatloaf, turkey stuffed acorn squash, and even stuffed peppers!
Ingredients for Turkey Sliders
- Ground turkey: I used lean ground turkey, but extra lean works as well.
- Eggs: Acts as a binder.
- Onion and garlic: The trick to juicy turkey patties is the onion. When you puree it in a blender or food processor all that onion juice will make patties moist.
- Salt and pepper.
- Butter lettuce: The best lettuce to wrap food in because it’s the softest. I use it for chicken lettuce wraps all the time.
How to Make Turkey Sliders
- Prep: Make sure toppings are ready before you start cooking patties. Everyone prefers their burgers warm.
- Bacon: Fry 3-4 bacon slices and shake off the drippings well in the skillet. We will fry patties in this deliciousness.
- Mix meat mixture: In a medium bowl, add turkey, eggs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well with your hands.
- Form patties: Scoop 1/4 cup of meat mixture and shape 2.5 – 3 inch in diameter patty. I say staying closer to 2.5 inch is better.
- Cook: Cook turkey patties on a hot skillet covered for 4 minutes or until sides start to brown. Flip and cook a few more minutes uncovered.
- Melt cheese: Place all patties in a skillet, top with a slice of cheese, cover and let cheese melt on low, about 4-5 minutes. You can skip cheese and bacon for healthier sliders, no problem.
- To assemble sliders: Grab 2 pieces of lettuce, overlap their ends, and form a pocket. Place turkey patty inside, top with bacon, a squirt of ketchup and mustard, tomato slice, and red onion. Fold lettuce on top and stick long wooden pick in the middle.
If you like these, you’ll also love my healthy chicken lettuce wraps!
- Double up: If you are hosting at your house potluck style, you can double the recipe and make healthy sliders star of the show. Make some healthy cheese ball with crackers, spinach dip and have others bring salads, soups and desserts.
- Guacamole: You could also make my super easy salsa guacamole (with jarred salsa, seriously easy!) and put together a veggie platter.
- Salsa: Like mango salsa would go well on a side.
- Dinner: Serve with any of these healthy dinner recipes!
More Turkey Recipes
Alternatively, you might also be interested in browsing through my full list of healthy turkey recipes or healthy appetizer recipes!
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 pieces of bacon*
- 1 head of butter lettuce rinsed & separated
- 3 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 3 oz cheese cut into 14 small slices*
- Ketchup and mustard
- In a medium bowl, add turkey, eggs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well with your hands. Set aside.
- Prepare other ingredients – it really helps to assemble sliders faster and serve warm.
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and cook bacon. Transfer to a cutting board draining fat well into the skillet (we will fry patties in it), then cutting it into 14 pieces.
- Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop meat mixture and form a patty 2.5-3 inch in diameter. Place in a skillet and repeat with the rest. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes, flip over and cook uncovered another 3-4 minutes.
- Place all patties in a skillet, top with a slice of cheese, cover and let cheese melt on low, about 4-5 minutes.
- To assemble turkey sliders: Take 2 pieces of lettuce, overlap their ends and form a pocket. Place turkey patty inside, top with bacon, a squirt of ketchup and mustard, tomato slice and red onion. Fold lettuce on top and doing your best stick long wooden pick in the middle holding all ingredients together. It helps to pull lettuce together and “shoot” a few times.
How many turkey burgers is one serving? I look forward to trying this recipe.
1 turkey burger/serving.
Olena, your grandma must have been an outstanding cook! These sliders were “inhaled” by my family. THANK YOU!
You are welcome.:)