These Healthy Chili Recipes are perfect for a fall or winter day! With fresh ingredients, reduced sodium, and lower fat there is something for everyone whether you’re a vegetarian, enjoy lean protein or even traditional beef chili.
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- The Best Healthy Chili Recipes
- Healthy White Chicken Chili
- Healthy Turkey Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chili
- Ground Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
- White Bean Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Quinoa Chili
- One Pot Chili Mac Recipe
- What Sides Dishes Go with Chili?
- Toppings Ideas
- 12 Healthy Chili Recipes: Healthy White Chicken Chili Recipe
Chili is a popular dish for friends, tailgating, and parties! Many store brands are loaded with calories and fat, but not these best healthy chili recipes. With lean meat, beans, spices and vegetables, these stew recipes are flavorful and better for you!
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- Reduced sodium, fat and calories: These chili recipes make healthier swaps without sacrificing flavor!
- Nutritious: Vitamin packed veggies, lean protein, and fiber plus iron filled beans.
- Classic comfort food: Is nourishing for your soul and the perfect meal to come home to on a cold day!
- Spices: From clearing congestion to enhancing flavor to boosting antioxidant levels, there is a reason chili loaded with chili powder, cumin, cayenne or red pepper is a wintertime staple!
Canned Beans Tip
Also here is detailed tutorial how to cook dried beans on the stove which cuts back on sodium and BPA in any of your chili recipe!
The Best Healthy Chili Recipes
Healthy White Chicken Chili does not contain any cream cream cheese or heavy cream, but uses Greek Yogurt and smashed white beans to give it incredible creamy taste. A favorite healthy chili that has been reviewed with 5 stars over and over again and best of all you can make it a healthy chili recipe slow cooker, stovetop or Instant Pot.
High protein Turkey Chili is your answer to ‘is chili healthy?’! Yes, indeed when it comes to this healthy turkey chili recipe! It’s full of lean protein, vegetables and spices and better for you ingredients. Serve with Mexican kale salad to add some additional veg!
Love buffalo wings but want that flavor in a chili recipe? Buffalo Chicken Chili is the answer! All the flavors of your favorite wings but in a saucier form and then topped with creamy blue cheese, you will wonder why you didn’t make this sooner.
A hands off version of a favorite! Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is made lighter by using a combination of cream cheese and Greek yogurt and can be made with canned or dried beans. A crowd favorite when it comes to chili! Don’t forget to top with diced avocado and a squirt of lime, yum!
A healthy chili recipe beef? It exists! This Instant Pot Chili is hearty and comforting, yet healthy! Ready in under 2 hours and the flavors just get better as it sits, making it the perfect game day chili dinner idea.
Ground Chicken Chili with juicy chicken, fire roasted tomatoes and hearty beans is the perfect bowl of comfort. It lasts for days, freezes well and is an easy hands-off dinner.
Made faster and easier in the pressure cooker, Instant Pot Turkey Chili tastes like it has been simmering all day, but it’s ready in 30 minutes! Lean turkey that is flavorful from veggies and spices, is what makes this chilli dinner healthier and a winner. Check out 45 more ground turkey recipes for dinner!
Flavor loaded Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili is loved by carnivores and non carnivores alike! Filled with hearty vegetables, quinoa and beans, this chili will be a new favorite with it’s smoky full of flavor taste.
White Bean Pumpkin Turkey Chili is packed with vegetables, ground turkey, pumpkin puree, warm spices, and tender white beans! It’s a hearty chili with bold flavors that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili with tender chicken breasts, hearty beans, and pantry staples. It’s healthier comfort food with 10 minutes of prep!
Chicken Quinoa Chili with beans, bell peppers, juicy chicken, savory spices, and an extra boost of protein. Just add your favorite toppings!
Saucy, cheesy and ready in 30 minutes! One Pot Chili Mac Recipe is made with hearty ingredients, vegetarian and can even be made vegan. No skimping on flavor with this best chili dinner idea.
What Sides Dishes Go with Chili?
- Healthy cornbread or healthy cornbread muffins
- Grilled cheese
- Air fryer sweet potato fries
- Air fryer nachos
- Instant Pot baked potatoes
- Simple lettuce salad or vinegar coleslaw
- Red or green onion
- Freshly grated cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Greek yogurt
- Greek yogurt guacamole
- Easy guacamole
- Diced avocado
- Pickled jalapeno slices
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
12 Healthy Chili Recipes: Healthy White Chicken Chili
- 1.5 lbs 3 medium boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp oil I use avocado oil
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium*
- 2 x 15 oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Small bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain or Greek yogurt fat 2%+
- 1 lime juice of
- Tortilla chips avocado, more yogurt, limes, for serving
- Preheat large dutch oven or heavy bottom pot on medium-high heat and swirl oil to coat. Add garlic and onion, sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, add about 1 cup of beans and mash with a fork. It helps to thicken the chili.
- Add broth, mashed and whole beans, corn, green chiles and chicken breasts. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks or meat claws. Return chicken to the pot along with lime juice, cilantro and yogurt.
- Stir and serve warm with your favorite toppings like tortilla chips, cheese, more cilantro and lime.
- Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Fully cook, cool completely and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw on a stovetop covered on low.
- Diced green chiles substitute: Canned diced green chiles are usually not spicy. You can skip diced green chiles all together and use more cumin and maybe coriander would be nice too. Or add sauteed bell pepper.
- Rotisserie chicken: Yes, you can use shredded rotisserie chicken. Add it in the beginning just like when you would add raw chicken – more flavor.
- Cream cheese: Add 2-3 oz with yogurt/or in place of it, if you wish. I do add it to my Instant Pot white chicken chili.