The best and simple (I googled) strawberry spinach salad recipe on the whole entire planet Earth! And healthy. Did you know that a 10-11 oz box of baby spinach that goes into this salad contains 69 grams of fiber, 89 grams of protein and some crazy amount of vitamins A and K?! 89 grams of protein in
grass spinach! No wonder cows are so big and strong. Kids, please note that.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Ingredients
So, what to put in a spinach salad? If this strawberry spinach salad is not on your celebration or 10 minute weeknight dinner (with whole grain side or protein) menu, I’m afraid we can’t be friends.:)
- Sweet strawberries
- Toasted pecans
- Soft goat cheese
- Zesty red onion
- Super easy spinach salad dressing
Strawberry Spinach Salad Dressing
I know homemade salad dressing is intimidating (never know what goes in it) BUT this spinach salad dressing is embarrassingly easy to make with 4 ingredients.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Soy sauce
Below Alex has waved his magic video wand and voila. It’s all magic except eating healthy
just work. Enjoy, my friends!
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Hull and slice smaller strawberries in half, large ones in quarters.
- Thinly slice red onion (amount to taste).
- Preheat ceramic non-stick medium skillet on medium heat and add pecans. Toast for about 3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently. I usually just taste test one.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and whisk with a fork.
- In a large bowl, add spinach and top with strawberries, cheese, red onion and toasted pecans. I like this order because bulky spinach is at the bottom which makes it easier to stir the salad.
- Drizzle dressing on top and stir gently until well combined.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Healthy Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe with toasted pecans, feta or goat cheese, strawberries, spinach, red onion and super simple balsamic dressing. Takes 10 minutes and everyone will rave about this salad!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings (side dish)
Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced in halves (quarters)
- 3 oz goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (to taste) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 11 oz box baby spinach (prewashed)
- Preheat ceramic non-stick medium skillet on medium heat and add pecans. Toast for about 3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine Balsamic Dressing Ingredients and whisk with a fork.
- In a large bowl, add spinach and top with strawberries, cheese, red onion and toasted pecans. Drizzle dressing on top and stir gently until well combined.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 24 hours.
Make Ahead: Refrigerate covered salad and dressing separately for up to 2 days. If you like nuts super crunchy, store them separately in a pantry.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.