Oven Roasted Asparagus
Welcome to a sea of green. A.k.a the best roasted asparagus!
This roasted asparagus recipe requires no lemon, garlic or Parmesan cheese. Only 4 ingredients. Because simple food is the best. But you can because who am I to stop you?!
Is Asparagus Good for You?
Is asparagus healthy? Very. According to Health.com, health benefits of asparagus include lots of soluble and insoluble fiber, antioxidants, vitamin K and E and folic acid. Asparagus also makes you empty your bladder more often which is good for urinary health.
As someone who cares about consuming less RoundUp sprayed vegetables, I can tell you that asparagus is on the list of less likely to be heavy in pesticides vegetables. In case you cannot find or afford it organic like me. Which I think doesn’t exist anyways.
How to Trim Asparagus:
In case you did not know, you have to trim the ends of asparagus. Why? Because it is chewy part of asparagus.
To trim asparagus:
- Grab one asparagus spear with both hands.
- Attempt to snap the end. Where it snapped – the end of chewy part.
- Cut remaining asparagus by that line.
Soggy or Crispy Asparagus?
Today I want you to take away one main thing how to roast asparagus in the oven – how to make it crispy.
The trick is to cook asparagus at right oven temperature for right amount of time. Whatever you drizzle is easy. You can drizzle anything, literally, and roasted asparagus will be tasty. I personally do not like to mince garlic or slice lemon for a side dish, too much work. Pantry ingredients are enough for me.
12 minutes at 425 degrees F preheated oven. Bingo!
How to Roast Asparagus:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place asparagus in a single layer on lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then toss.
- How long to roast asparagus? Bake for 12 minutes.
Can I Add Parmesan?
Yes, you can add freshly grated Parmesan on top. After you remove asparagus from the oven. Or squeeze lemon all over. Or my favorite because I’m from Ukraine – grated fresh garlic. I died!
More Healthy Asparagus Recipes:
- How to broil asparagus – another simple way to serve asparagus as a side.
- Asparagus salad – OMG this salad is the bomb dot com.
- Asparagus soup – creamy without any cream.
- Garlic butter shrimp with asparagus and quinoa in one skillet.
Full guide on how to roast perfect crispy asparagus in the oven. Easy, quick and tasty.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: North American
- 2 lbs asparagus, rinsed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Scant 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line rimmed baking sheet with silicone mat or unbleached parchment paper.
- To trim asparagus, snap the end of one spear and cut remaining asparagus same length with a knife. Usually 2″ off, that’s the chewy stringy part you don’t wanna eat.
- Arrange asparagus on the sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Using tongs, toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.