Broiled Asparagus with garlic, oil, salt and pepper is a 10 minute baked asparagus side dish. Cool trick to dirty no hands and make crunchy grilled in the oven asparagus.
You can also make roasted asparagus. It is whatever you are comfortable with. 🙂
I have broiled asparagus recipe for you that keeps your hands oil free and mess to a minimum. And it is so easy, even my 12 year old knows how to broil asparagus!
Not to mention that all you need is 5 ingredients:
This broiled asparagus comes out crunchy and still tender. The only way anyone should be eating asparagus. No mushy boiled mess like I used to make at 25.
How to Broil Asparagus
1. In a medium-large rectangular baking dish place asparagus. Drizzle with oil, top with garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place lid on top or wrap with foil or plastic wrap. Holding by the ends shake and toss dish until seasonings coated asparagus.
Broiled asparagus goes back to my university years. I was studying business with a Russian girl, Natasha. She taught me a cool trick how to season asparagus without getting my hands oily. She placed asparagus and seasonings in a rectangular plastic Ziplock container, covered with a lid and shook gently. Then she microwaved it in the same container.
What dish should I use?
I have this rectangular Glasslock storage container with a lid and that is what I used to season asparagus and broiled in it as well. However, a few readers have reported that this glass baking dish can shatter. So, from now on I will be using a ceramic baking dish.
Well, needless to say we are not going to microwave any recipe on iFOODreal (I do not even own a microwave anymore).
2. Heat broiler and remove lid from the dish. Place it 5-6 inches below the broiler and broil for 7 minutes (I have gas) or start checking after 5 minutes. Asparagus is cooked when al dente, crunchy but softer.
What to Serve Asparagus With?
Love Asparagus? Enjoy These Other Healthy Recipes:
- Roasted asparagus – another perfect way to cook crunchy asparagus.
- Asparagus salad – a delicious version of healthy cobb salad!
- Asparagus soup without cream and one secret ingredient!
- Shrimp quinoa stir fried with quinoa and asparagus.
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed & washed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves crushed
- Scant 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium-large rectangular baking dish place asparagus. Drizzle with oil, top with garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place lid on top (if dish has one) or wrap with foil or plastic wrap and holding by the ends shake and toss dish until asparagus is coated evenly with seasonings. Takes a minute or so.
- Turn broiler on High. Remove lid (foil or plastic) from the dish and place it 5-6 inches below the broiler. Broil for 7 minutes (I have gas) or start checking after 5 minutes. Asparagus is cooked when al dente, crunchy but softer. Just taste test one. Serve with fish, chicken, pork etc.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.