Hola! I’m back from Mexico City and will share my trip as soon as we return from San Juan Islands, WA, the trip I will have to share too (can you tell that I think “life is short”?!). Like after any vacation, I was craving my homemade food, and now with both of us working from home I am very intentional about meal prepping. Yes, I did meal prep (which is on the list to share too) and this Thai chicken salad recipe was a huge part of it and a huge hit! We served it 3 days in a row with quinoa, in a sandwich on sprouted whole wheat bread, and by the spoon with tortilla chips while sipping on whiskey. Lots of things are happening and I present you this colourful salad video.
I’m not a fan of traditional chicken salad, however I can eat it non-stop this way – moderately creamy with Greek yogurt, bulked up with cabbage and peppers, flavoured with fresh herbs, roasted peanuts, rice vinegar and a moderate amount of red pepper flakes. Yes, I can eat my Thai chicken salad every other week! It’s not spicy for kids, so made a few school lunches as well.
Have a great weekend!:)
More Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes:
- Healthy chicken salad – with half the fat and calories and still creamy.
- Grilled chicken salad – perfect summer dinner salad.
- Healthy ramen noodle salad with chicken – you can make “ramen” noodles easy at home.
How to Make Thai Chicken Salad RecipePrint
Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
Easy and healthy Thai Chicken Salad Recipe with peanuts and Greek yogurt that is perfect for meal prep, with quinoa or in a whole wheat sandwich.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Thai
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted & unsalted
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients listed in the order above and mix with spatula until well combined.
- Serve cold with quinoa or in a healthy sandwich with sprouted whole wheat bread.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.
- Serving Size: 1/2-3/4 cup