This hands-off slow cooker Thai Chicken Thighs recipe is absolutely packed with flavor, combining tender, juicy chicken thighs with a Thai sweet chili sauce and fresh scallions. Serve up with rice or noodles for a simple, wholesome meal!
I’m keeping things really chill this busy time of the year. Simple recipes like this 2 ingredients slow cooker Thai chicken thighs, slow cooker whole chicken, porcupine meatballs, turkey meatloaf, and crockpot butter chicken help me get things done and family fed not with cookies.
Recently I even made slow-cooker balsamic pot roast… gosh, out of this world! But now I’m craving Thia flavors
On Monday morning I literally was shopping Cyber Monday deals while browning chicken. That is one ingredient. Another one I already had in a fridge – Thai sweet chili sauce.
It just never fails me. Just like my slow cooker.
I tested this slow cooker Thai chicken thighs recipe last week for the first time. While everyone loved it I eliminated the soy sauce and made chicken look more appealing.
I always wondered how come chicken looks so crispy and browned coming from a slow cooker on Pinterest?! Yes, Pinterest gave me a few forehead wrinkles too. Well, don’t fool yourself. There is no magic – slow cooker doesn’t crisp things up but rather steams and softens the food.
Oh and top tip: To crip up the chicken, you have to pre-brown chicken in a skillet which is very simple to do in a ceramic non-stick skillet without even any oil. This step eliminates extra saturated fat, leaves you with a crispy chicken and a messy stove.
More Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Coconut lime chicken thighs
- Cilantro lime chicken
- Greek chicken
- Chimichurri chicken
- One pan chicken thighs and potatoes
- Baked chicken thighs
- Instant Pot chicken thighs
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs
- 4 lbs chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- Green onions finely chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat nonstick ceramic skillet on medium heat and place half of the chicken skin side down. Cover (mostly to minimize fat splattering) and cook until skin is crispy brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn, cook for another 3-4 minutes and transfer to a large slow cooker skin side up in a layer. Drain fat from skillet and repeat this step with remaining chicken.
- Pour Thai sweet chili sauce on top, cover and cook on Low for 5-6 hours or on High for 2.5-3 hours.
- Serve hot garnished with green onions, a side of brown rice/quinoa and a salad of choice. That is it!
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.