I’m keeping things really chill this busy time of the year. Simple recipes like this 2 ingredients slow cooker Thai chicken thighs, slow cooker whole chicken and crockpot butter chicken help me get things done and family fed not with cookies.
On Monday morning I literally was shopping Cyber Monday deals while browning chicken. That is one ingredient. Another one I already had in a fridge – Thai sweet chili sauce.
It just never fails me. Just like my slow cooker.
I tested this slow cooker Thai chicken thighs recipe last week for the first time. While everyone loved it I eliminated the soy sauce and made chicken look more appealing.
I always wondered how come chicken looks so crispy and browned coming from a slow cooker on Pinterest?! Yes, Pinterest gave me a few forehead wrinkles too.
Well, don’t full yourself. There is no magic – slow cooker doesn’t crisp things up but rather steams and softens the food.
You have to pre-brown chicken in a skillet which is very simple to do in a ceramic non-stick skillet without even any oil. This step eliminates extra saturated fat, leaves you with a crispy chicken and a messy stove.
More Chicken Thighs RecipesPrint
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs Recipe made with 2 ingredients: healthy homemade thai sweet chili sauce and chicken thighs. BEST easy healthy chicken!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 48 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 4 lbs chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- Green onions, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat nonstick ceramic skillet on medium heat and place half of the chicken skin side down. Cover (mostly to minimize fat splattering) and cook until skin is crispy brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn, cook for another 3-4 minutes and transfer to a large slow cooker skin side up in a layer. Drain fat from skillet and repeat this step with remaining chicken.
- Pour Thai sweet chili sauce on top, cover and cook on Low for 5-6 hours or on High for 2.5-3 hours.
- Serve hot garnished with green onions, a side of brown rice/quinoa and a salad of choice. That is it!
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.