Almond Flour Zucchini Bread with perfect texture, is incredibly delicious, moist and made with 4 basic ingredients. It tastes like cake and will become a hit and repeat among your family and friends!
This almond flour zucchini bread will disappear in your house. It has the most perfect cake-like texture, zucchini flavor and is made healthy with gluten free almond flour and your choice of sweetener.
As I write this, it’s last day of August and our last chance to bake with flavorful, firm, gorgeous local zucchini. Do it – in fact, at the same time, you can make the most of this wonderful ingredient in every single meal of the say with this list of 30 healthy zucchini recipes.
How to Make Almond Flour Zucchini Bread
There is a full recipe card below.
- Prep: I recommend grating zucchini on the smaller shredding side of grater. Also, bread bakes better in a metal pan than glass or ceramic. Line with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Wet ingredients: Whisk all liquids and leavening agents together until baking powder and soda are dissolved. If you see lumps, wait 30 seconds and whisk again.
- Dry ingredients: Mix in zucchini shreds and almond flour. You don’t have to worry about over mixing almond flour batter as it doesn’t contain gluten. Batter will be thick.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 F degrees: Ovens vary, so do a toothpick test and if it comes out dry, and bread is nice and brown – remove it to cool off.
- Cool and slice: Cool off bread for first 10 minutes in the pan to prevent it from breaking. Then let cool on cooling rack another half hour. Use a serrated knife for easier slicing, especially if bread is a still a bit warm which is fine.
Tips and Troubleshooting
- Almond flour brand: I use Kirkland blanched almond flour in all my almond flour recipes.
- Frozen almond flour: If you use previously frozen almond flour, it might add extra moisture and make bread fall in the middle.
- Large garden squash or zucchini: It tends to be more watery, so I recommend to give it a gentle squeeze. I used small-medium store-bought zucchini.
- Type of pan: Metal loaf pan cooks bread better and faster than ceramic or glass. Further, darker pan will cook bread a bit faster than light in colour pan.
- Frozen zucchini: If you want to use frozen shredded zucchini, I would thaw it not completely and give just a gentle squeeze.
Substitutions and Variations
- Egg free: You have to use eggs as eggs act as a glue for almond flour. I have not tested this recipe with applesauce or vegan egg replacement.
- Other flours: You have to use blanched almond flour in this recipe. Other flours will not work. I am 95% positive almond meal will work. If you want to try alternative flours in similar recipes, though, why not try this coconut flour banana bread?
- Type of sweetener: Any liquid sweetener like honey, maple syrup, agave etc. will work.
- Low carb or keto: You can replace maple syrup with 1:1 ratio of your favorite low carb sweetener. I tried Lakanto monk fruit erythritol and the result was great. So, sugar works too but not low carb. 🙂
- Less sweet: You can reduce sugar to your desired amount.
- Add-ins: You can add up to 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (dust in flour to prevent sinking in), chocolate chips or cacao nibs, walnuts.
- Other flavors: 1-2 tbsp of lemon or orange juice and zest. Mixed with 1 tbsp of poppy seeds will be delish. Then again, you could just bake my healthy lemon zucchini bread instead.
How to Store, Freeze and Thaw
Storing: As almond flour is moist and full of healthy fats, bread doesn’t dry out as fast. First 24 hours, I keep it on a counter covered with kitchen towel. Day 2 I place it it a container and almost close the lid leaving some room for air. Day 3 – it is always gone by then. Yours will be too. 🙂
Freezing: Place in a resealable gallon size plastic bag, let out as much air as possible and freeze for up to 3 months. Bread will defrost on a counter within 3-4 hours. You can freeze it whole or sliced.
More Almond Flour Muffin & Bread Recipes
- Almond flour banana bread
- Almond flour pumpkin bread
- Almond flour cinnamon bread
- Almond flour banana muffins
- Almond flour chocolate cake
- Almond flour carrot cake
Alternatively, you might want to check out this compiled list of 20 almond flour recipes!
Almond Flour Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs large
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini packed & not squeezed
- 3 1/3 cups almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 9 x 5 loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and whisk. Then add maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Whisk well until combined.
- Add zucchini and almond flour (don’t forget to skim the top of measuring cup with a knife). Mix gently with spatula to combine.
- Pour batter into previously prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove bread from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool off for 10 minutes. Holding onto the flaps of parchment paper remove bread from a loaf pan and let it cool off for another 30-60 minutes before slicing with sharp serrated knife.
Store: Store covered in a cool dry place for up to 5 days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.