Arugula Salad with feta, tomatoes and delicious balsamic vinaigrette. Simple, flavorful, easy and healthy!
This a very European salad anyone will love! Trust this Ukrainian. 🙂
Arugula Salad Recipe
This arugula salad is a spin off of Russian-Ukrainian salad with lots of tomatoes, feta cheese, dill and garlic. I leave out most of the cheese, add arugula and delicious balsamic vinaigrette. SO GOOD!
Salty feta coats each tomato, arugula adds a nice peppery punch and balsamic vinegar, herbs and garlic ties all this amazingness together.
I make this salad for my family, for guests, for bloggers’ events and everyone raves about it and asks for the recipe. Recipe? It is so simple, I quietly smile.
So, here it is my signature arugula salad that I feel like I have to share with you too, friends. 🙂
Ingredients You Will Need
- Arugula: Arugula is sold pre-washed, packed in plastic containers, is affordable and often organic. It is my favorite leafy green! I am like an Italian. 🙂
- Tomatoes: For arugula salad I prefer to use grape or cherry tomatoes because they are flavorful, and do not leak as much making salad less messy and pretty. My favorite regular size tomatoes are tomatoes on the vine – off season, and any – in season.
- Feta cheese: Goat or cow’s milk feta cheese works. If you buy in blocks, make sure to store it submerged in brine.
- Herbs: I use fresh dill because I am Ukrainian. Parsley or basil will be wonderful too!
- Garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
How to Make Arugula Salad
- Make balsamic vinaigrette first, so ingredients have time to “marry each other”.
- Arrange arugula at the bottom of large salad bowl.
- Chop tomatoes and herbs – if using small ones a cut in half is all you need. You can dice regular size tomatoes.
- Crumble feta with your hands if you buy blocks of feta.
- Drizzle salad with the dressing and gently stir, using tongs.
What to Serve Arugula Salad With?
- A beautiful chicken breast – pick one of 5 chicken marinades, then bake, grill or fry chicken. Above pictured is fajita chicken.
- Baked chicken breast or thighs
- Meatballs – made in Instant Pot or baked meatballs.
- Meatloaf – again baked or Instant Pot one even with mashed potatoes.
- Baked salmon in foil
- Roast turkey breast
How Long Does It Last?
Here is the thing, arugula salad tastes best fresh and wilts pretty fast. Good news is that it literally takes 10 minutes to make. 🙂
More Green Salads
- 5 oz package arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup dill finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and whisk with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, tomatoes, dill and feta.
- Pour salad dressing on top and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
Store: Arugula salad is best eaten on the same day it is made.
- Fresh lemon juice would work well in place of vinegar.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.