Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
Grilled vegetables with any firm vegetables and super delicious balsamic dressing. No marinating is necessary. I can guarantee you this summer side dish will be a sure crowd pleaser and your “grilled veggie go-to”!
What Are the Best Vegetables to Grill?
My choice of vegetables for vegetables to grill always seem to be zucchini, bell pepper and red onion. Other good vegetables to grill are mushrooms, asparagus or eggplant. Any firm spring or summer vegetables. Just not cucumbers or cabbage.
I like to cut bell pepper into wide strips and onion into “steaks”. As for zucchini, you have to go by its size. Baby zucchini need a slice lengthwise and maybe a chop in half for shorter “sticks”. Huge garden zucchini are best sliced in thick rounds.
Marinade or Dressing?
No marinade or marinating required – season after grilling.
I am from Ukraine and we cook simple food. Extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and fresh parsley or basil make the best and easy dressing for best grilled vegetables.
How to Grill Vegetables
- Make balsamic dressing (“marinade”).
- Wash and cut vegetables.
- Grill vegetables covered on low heat for 12 minutes turning once. Vegetables should be tender to the touch, with nice grill marks. Cook longer if you like softer vegetables.
- Toss with balsamic dressing and fresh herbs.
What to Serve with Grilled Vegetables?
Of course, chicken. Grilled lemon rosemary chicken that you can grill at same time with vegetables or cajun chicken with easy homemade cajun seasoning. Or shrimp skewers that are better than any restaurant and so easy.
There is also grilled chicken breast everyone needs to know how to make.:)
More Grilled Vegetable Recipes to Try
- Grilled romaine lettuce – if you never tried, just give it at least one try. You either hate it or love it.
- Grilled zucchini pizza to use up an abundance of summer squash.
- Grilled zucchini with lime and basil.
Watch Olena Grill Vegetables
And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos! Print
Grilled Vegetables Recipe with any firm vegetables and super delicious balsamic dressing. Serve warm or cold, no marinade required, how to make healthy grilled vegetables video included. A sure crowd pleaser!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: BBQ
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced lengthwise into shorter sticks
- 1 lb bell peppers, sliced into wide strips
- 1 large red or white onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley or basil, finely chopped
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- In a small bowl, whisk together Balsamic Dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat grill on low heat and spray with cooking spray. Place vegetables in a single layer on the grill, close the lid and cook for 12 minutes, flipping once.* Vegetables should be tender to the touch, with nice grill marks. Cook longer if you like softer vegetables.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl, pour Balsamic Dressing on top, sprinkle with parsley/basil and gently mix.
- Serve hot, warm or cold. Vegetables taste even better the next day as flavours continue to “marry” each other.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 3 – 4 days.
Grills vary. Cooking time will vary depending on the age and make/model of your grill. I have new Coleman BBQ which is quite powerful if I compare it to my old grill. Use your judgement and experience with your grill.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.