I love to grill zucchini with whatever I have on hand => balsamic grilled vegetables. Usually we do garlic, oil, salt and pepper. I am sure you completely understand why. But I have done it so many times and plus I have this wonderful job “ifoodreal” that forces me to barely ever eat the same food twice. Joking, I re-cook my own recipes.
I decided to play my good old game of “what I have on hand”. As I was deciding on that an abundant pot of basil was staring at me. A Costco size bag of limes has stared at me 30 minutes prior. That is it – lime basil grilled zucchini. With garlic. Because is there really any other way?!
Now, I honestly think that mint or cilantro would work in place of basil. I am more positive of that than of curried zucchini…To keep things simple I cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise. Easy to grill sticks. Alex came home from work just in time to grill. Perfect. Less work for me.
Lime Basil Grilled Zucchini
Lime Basil Grilled Zucchini is a healthy 10 minute summer dish recipe chock full of seasonal veggies and herbs. Nice change to a salad and great addition to any meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Handful of basil, finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise in half and then each half one more time. So you will have 12 sticks. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside on a plate.
- In a small bowl, add oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, basil and whisk with a fork.
- Preheat grill and cook zucchini until cooked but still firm, turning a few times. How long depends on a grill and you know your grill best. Usually takes a few minutes per side.
- Cut cooked zucchini into 1” pieces, add to a medium bowl, drizzle with sauce and gently mix. Serve warm or cold.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 2 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.