I love to grill zucchini with whatever I have on hand => balsamic grilled vegetables. Usually we do garlic, oil, salt and pepper. I am sure you completely understand why. But I have done it so many times and plus I have this wonderful job “ifoodreal” that forces me to barely ever eat the same food twice. Joking, I re-cook my own recipes.
I decided to play my good old game of “what I have on hand”. As I was deciding on that an abundant pot of basil was staring at me. A Costco size bag of limes has stared at me 30 minutes prior. That is it – lime basil grilled zucchini. With garlic. Because is there really any other way?!
Now, I honestly think that mint or cilantro would work in place of basil. I am more positive of that than of curried zucchini…To keep things simple I cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise. Easy to grill sticks. Alex came home from work just in time to grill. Perfect. Less work for me.
More Grilled Vegetable Recipes to Try
- Grilled vegetables with simple balsamic dressing, no marinating.
- Grilled romaine lettuce – if you never tried, just give it at least one try. You either hate it or love it.
- Grilled zucchini pizza to use up an abundance of summer squash.
Lime Basil Grilled Zucchini
Lime Basil Grilled Zucchini is a healthy 10 minute summer dish recipe chock full of seasonal veggies and herbs. Nice change to a salad and great addition to any meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Handful of basil, finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise in half and then each half one more time. So you will have 12 sticks. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside on a plate.
- In a small bowl, add oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, basil and whisk with a fork.
- Preheat grill and cook zucchini until cooked but still firm, turning a few times. How long depends on a grill and you know your grill best. Usually takes a few minutes per side.
- Cut cooked zucchini into 1” pieces, add to a medium bowl, drizzle with sauce and gently mix. Serve warm or cold.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 2 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.