Healthy no bake coconut protein balls recipe with whey protein powder, dates, almonds and coconut flakes. They make great pre or post workout snack.
I recommend using only unflavoured and unsweetened protein powder for this coconut protein balls recipe.
Coconut protein balls are great to store in the fridge for up to a week and they freeze beautifully. I found they do not harden much in a freezer. To defrost just thaw them on a counter for 15 minutes and pop them in your gym bag for a healthy pre or post workout snack. Enjoy!
- 3 cups dates, pitted
- 4 scoops (120 g) whey protein powder, unflavoured & unsweetened
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 + 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2/3 - 1 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- Combine dates, almonds and water in a food processor and grind. Small chunks are fine.
- Add to the mixing bowl along with protein powder, chocolate chips and cacao powder. Mix with spatula until well combined. Mixture will seem dry in the beginning. If necessary add more water.
- Spread coconut flakes on a flat surface like a dinner plate and roll 32 balls in it.
Servings Per Recipe: 32 balls
Amount Per 1 Ball:
Total Fat: 5.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.6 mg
Sodium: 53.2 mg
Total Carbs: 16.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
Sugars: 11.2 g
Protein: 5.5 g
Weight Watchers Points +: 3
Weight Watchers Points: 2