Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers are healthy and easy even weeknight dinner. No pre-cooking rice and it is one pot and a freezer meal. So much easier than on the stove.
I love my Instant Pot! Other easy one pot meals would be Instant Pot cabbage rolls, turkey chili and chicken tacos. Browse all of my healthy Instant Pot recipes and kiss “What’s for dinner?” dilemma good-bye.
Pressure Cooker Stuffed Peppers
I made Instant Pot stuffed peppers twice in a week before I went on work trips. Who am I kidding?! I made a whole batch of healthy freezer meals for my husband. We loved this Instant Pot stuffed bell peppers recipe A LOT – easy, one pot and tasty.
I’m turning into you – those who work full-time not from home and are like “What’s for dinner?” at 5 PM. I have been living off of my healthy Instant Pot recipes because life has been crazy with the move, renovations and work travel.
If you still don’t have an Instant Pot, check out which one you should buy (maybe?). It is seriously a revolutionary appliance worth every penny. And then I have Instant Pot guide that will help you get started. Are you convinced? Don’t miss out any longer!
All right, Instant Pot stuffed peppers.
- Ground turkey
- Tomato sauce
- Simple seasonings
How to Make Stuffed Peppers in Instant Pot
Instant Pot stuffed peppers are easy-peasy comfort food my mom used to make all the time. 100% nostalgia and I bet for you as well.
- Cut the tops off of peppers and chop them along with onion.
- Saute them.
- Make the stuffing with ground turkey, uncooked quinoa and spices.
- Add sauteed veggies to the stuffing and mix.
- Stuff peppers.
- Arrange one layer of peppers and top with half of the tomato sauce. Repeat.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure right away.
Can I Replace Quinoa with Uncooked Rice?
If you are not a fan of quinoa you can substitute it with buckwheat. And if you are not a fan of buckwheat you can use any 12-15 minute cooking grain. And if none fit your “likes list” you can use pre-cooked rice to make traditional pressure cooker stuffed peppers.
As for uncooked rice, that’s my next test and I will report back when I try. That’s why I used quinoa because I knew for sure it’s a quick cooking grain/seed.
Make Ahead and Freeze?
- Assemble stuffed peppers and do not cook.
- Freeze uncooked in a gallon size Ziploc bags – let out as much air as possible before sealing.
- Cooking frozen stuffed peppers: cook from frozen following recipe’s instructions increasing time to 20 minutes. Do not thaw.
More Healthy One Pot Dinners
- Instant Pot chicken and rice kids can’t get enough of.
- Instant Pot chicken and potatoes with lots of leftovers.
- Instant Pot bolognese sauce with half less meat.
- Instant Pot spaghetti – 15 minutes and even pasta cooks in same pot.
- Instant Pot stir fry using frozen chicken and veggies.
Looking for more dinner ideas? Check out my most popular collection of 30 healthy Instant Pot recipes.Print
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers are healthy and easy in your pressure cooker. No pre-cooking rice and it is one pot dinner and a freezer meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 8–9 large bell peppers
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Ground black pepper
- 15 oz can tomato sauce, low sodium
- 1 cup water
- Avocado oil, for frying
- Cut the tops off of peppers and remove + discard the seeds. From the cut off tops remove and discard “the tail” and chop the tops (nothing goes to waste). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, uncooked quinoa, soy sauce, oregano, thyme, basil, salt, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper.
- On Instant Pot, press Sauté and preheat until it says Hot. Swirl oil to coat, add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chopped pepper pieces and sauté for another 3-4 minutes. Press Cancel and transfer sautéed veggies to the bowl with other ingredients. Using a spatula, mix all ingredients really well. Stuff the peppers diving the filling between them equally.
- In an Instant Pot, add water and place the rack inside. Arrange 1 layer of peppers and top with half of the tomato sauce. Lay remaining peppers and top with remaining sauce. Close the lid, turn release vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cooking for 15 minutes on High.
- After peppers are cooked, turn the valve to Quick Release and release the pressure. Serve with plain yogurt and juices from the bottom of the pot (turkey baster is the best to suck those up).
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Freezer Meal: Assemble the peppers and freeze uncooked in gallon size Ziploc bags. When ready to cook, cook from frozen following recipe’s instructions increasing time to 20 minutes. Do not thaw.
Make Ahead: Refrigerate stuffed uncooked peppers for up to 2 days and cook when ready.
I have 8 quart Instant Pot and it’s large enough to cook all peppers at once. If yours is 6 quart, cook in 2 batches.
You can replace quinoa with pre-cooked brown rice or uncooked buckwheat.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.