Baked salmon with cheese is a common dish in Russian households. Salmon fillet is baked with white wine, mayo and cheese. For years, I wanted to recreate this salmon a healthier way.
I skipped mayo because I thought cheese was a splurge enough. Also cheese is fatty, salmon is oily, end result should come out quite moist. And it did! Instead of wine, I squeezed lemon juice on salmon, then rubbed with freshly grated garlic and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Topped with cheese.
Baked open for 15 minutes at 450 degrees. So, salmon had a chance to cook through and not over dry.
Baked Salmon with Cheese Recipe
- 2 lbs whole salmon fillet, boneless (skin on or off)
- 2 large garlic cloves, grated
- 1/4 large lemon, juice of
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cups cheese, shredded
- Parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, line large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down (if any) on a baking sheet. Rub well with garlic, squeeze lemon juice on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese spreading evenly.
- Bake on the lower rack uncovered for 15 minutes. You can broil at the end quickly for browned spots. Serve warm garnished with parsley if desired.
You can use some white wine in place of lemon juice.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving = 1 slice:
Total Fat: 17.8 g
Cholesterol: 92.9 mg
Sodium: 169.9 mg
Total Carbs: 0.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
Protein: 35.9 g
WW Points+: 8