Healthy iced coffee made with cold (leftover) coffee, almond milk and without any added sugar. On a hot summer day, this glass of iced coffee will satisfy your late afternoon sweet tooth craving.
Much cheaper and healthier than Starbucks, and it’s so darn easy to make at home.
If you brew coffee at home, do not dump any leftovers. Refrigerate for up to 2 days and make iced coffee. Of course, flavour of coffee matters, and better the coffee grounds, tastier the end result. We usually buy organic coffee beans and grind them once a week.
I can’t recommend you one particular brand because there are just so many and selection varies by location. So, just use the coffee you normally drink.
4 ways to customize your healthy iced coffee:
1. Use any milk: dairy, almond, coconut, rice, soy or hemp milk. My latest obsession is Califia Farms, so tasty!
2. Add cinnamon, nutmeg or more (skip) vanilla extract.
3. Add maple syrup to taste if you are craving a tad of sweetness.
4. Change the ratio of coffee : milk. 50:50, 30:70 or whatever you want.
- 1/2 - 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup coffee, cold
- 1/2 cup any milk (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a tall glass, add ice, coffee, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir with a long spoon, adjust to taste and enjoy immediately.
Servings Per Recipe: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 1.3 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 77.5 mg
Total Carbs: 1.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
Sugars: 0.5 g
Protein: 0.7 g
WW Points+: 0