“Hello. I’m coffee. Nice to meet you. I’m Olena’s newest addiction.” Well, not that new but since the baby #2 sleepless nights “yeeees” and “yeeees” and “yeeees”. Luckily those nights are gone and are NEVER coming back. Until those nights I never touched coffee, needless to say I would never create an iced coffee recipe (needless to mention a healthy frappuccino recipe).
Nowadays, I would be willing to brew fresh ground coffee every morning just to make my house smell like Starbucks or my Italian neighbours’ house. On a hot summer day, this glass of healthy iced coffee below is my late afternoon sweet tooth craving (along with a few carrot cake truffles and no bake black bean brownies) = throwing out morning organic brewed coffee guilt = “Starbucks, are you really going to charge me $4?!” FIX.
For you, it’s going to be either an “Aha!” or a “Duh?!” moment. Just because it’s so darn embarrassingly simple that I don’t even consider it to be a recipe. But after a few of my GFs tried this healthy iced coffee and had a total “Aha!” moment, I decided to post it just for you.
And if you are feeling “Duh?!”, just enjoy the pictures and maybe have some “Aha!” with an anti inflammatory red smoothie.
This ice cold glass is full of flavour and no guilt:
1. You are drinking only 1/2 cup of coffee out of 2 cups of liquid.
2. You are drinking healthy vegan, vegetarian and gluten free unsweetened almond milk.
3. You are drinking water from the melting ice.
4. You are drinking a yummy drink with no added refined sugar, duh?!
So, here they are… I can’t stand almond milk in a hot coffee but in an iced coffee = LOVE.
P.S. Gave this mug to Alex as a Valentine’s Day present 10 years ago and unofficially owned it since the same day.
Chill/store your coffee in the fridge for up to 2 days. My heart brakes to dump any coffee because it’s organic and very expensive. So I refrigerate it or freeze in ice cube trays which BTW you can use for making this healthy iced coffee .
Or just use plain good old ice. Love my built-in ice fridge.
Mix all ingredients in the tall glass with a long spoon. And pour…
The coolest thing is that it’s YOUR iced coffee!
1. Use skim milk, rice milk, soy milk or hemp milk.
2. Add or not add cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla.
3. Skip or don’t skip the sweetener part: pinch of stevia, teaspoon of agave or honey.
4. Last thing, change the ratio of coffee : milk. 50:50, 30:70 or whatever you want.
Enjoy this healthy iced coffee your way! Just don’t add some condensed milk, won’t be healthy anymore.
- 1/2 - 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup coffee, cold
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of stevia (optional)
- In a tall glass add ice. Pour coffee, almond milk and vanilla extract on top. Add a pinch of stevia, agave syrup if you wish. Stir with a long spoon and enjoy immediately.
- You can also add cinnamon, nutmeg or cocoa powder.
Servings Per Recipe: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 1.3 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 77.5 mg
Total Carbs: 1.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
Sugars: 0.5 g
Protein: 0.7 g
WW Points+: 0