Coconut Mango Ice Cream is creamy, healthy and so delicious! This easy ice cream recipe is no churn and requires only 4 ingredients.
Mango Ice Cream
This mango ice cream is phenomenal! It is creamy, sweet, luscious and bonus – it tastes better without an ice cream machine. Can you believe it?! 🙂
Usually it is not the case. if you do not churn many ice cream recipes, they come our crystalized, rock solid and not creamy. However, I realized there is so much mango and fiber, just blending and freezing will work. Yup – great success!
And not to mention coconut mango ice cream is healthy made without sugar, condensed milk and heavy cream. So easy – 4 ingredients and happy healthy kids.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Mango: Fresh or frozen mango works. Fresh mango will take longer to freeze but is sweeter.
- Canned coconut milk: I recommend to use regular full fat coconut milk from a can, not carton. Light will work but ice cream will be more sorbet style.
- Maple syrup or honey: Either works. You might need less sweetener as recipe calls for fresh mango. Less ripe mango goes into frozen production. That’s why.
- Milk or water: You will need to add just a bit of liquid to help things move in a blender.
How to Make Coconut Mango Ice Cream
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Doesn’t matter at all and even small chunks are fine.
- Transfer to any ceramic, glass or baking dish. No need to level.
- Freeze for up to 6 hours – if you used frozen mango and 8 hours – if you used fresh mango.
Tip: You can control consistency of ice cream by freezing less for soft-serve and longer for regular ice cream.
How to Serve and Store Mango Ice Cream
This is very important information because your ice cream does not contain chemical fillers. 🙂
Before serving, let ice cream thaw at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. If it is hot summer day, things can happen faster. Just check with an ice cream scoop. Thawing will make ice cream more creamy!
For soft serve ice cream, thaw for 1 hour.
To store leftover ice cream, freeze in an airtight container with a lid for up to 3 months. Then follow serving suggestions above.
More Tips for Best Mango Ice Cream
- Coconut milk brand matters! My favorites are Thai Kitchen, 365, Trader Joe’s and Compliments. That’s because they contain guar gum and are creamy.
- Many organic brands are affordable and good for you but consistency is grainy.
- Cheaper international brands contain many chemicals.
- No mango? Try pineapple.
More No Bake Desserts
- No bake peanut butter pie
- Vanilla ice cream
- No bake strawberry cheesecake
- Chocolate ice cream
- Dole whip
Coconut Mango Ice Cream
- 3 - 4 cups mango chunks fresh or frozen
- 14 oz can coconut milk regular or light
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp or more any milk or water
- Process until smooth, adding more liquid by tbsp and scraping the walls, if necessary.
- Taste for sweetness now and adjust of necessary. Especially, frozen mango differs.
- Pour into any container and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, let thaw on a counter for 30 minutes or 60 minutes for soft serve. It will become softer and creamy.
Store: Freeze in a glass airtight container for up to a few months.
- Pictured are my favorite OXO scoop and ceramic loaf baking dish.
- I tried to make this mango ice cream in an ice cream maker and it was too crystalized. Great news - you don't need a machine, wahoo!
- Coconut milk should be from a can and not carton.
- Quality of coconut milk is super important. I highly recommend Thai Kitchen. Trader Joe's, 365, Compliments brands as they produce creamy and smooth ice cream thanks to a guar gum.
- You can use light coconut milk but ice cream will be less creamy.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.