I put quinoa to good use and made Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe. When I combine feta, olives and red onion together, I think of a Mediterranean right away. Although I’ve never been. It’s on my “when-kids-grow-up-and-I-have-money” list. Ha, why can’t I have a dream?!
Anyways. Add Ukrainian staple veggies like tomato, cucumber and bell peppers (summer meals in Ukraine are not known without them) and Middle Eastern avocado (Alex lived in Israel for 10 years and says avocados grow everywhere). And then, you add our beloved quinoa that I have already added to many salads: broccoli quinoa salad, quinoa tabbouleh salad and kale and quinoa salad with cinnamon apples and walnuts.
Enjoy this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe made healthy with quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese and olives. Packed with protein, fiber and flavour.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peel & core removed, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted & cut in halves
- 1 lemon or lime, juice of
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Cook quinoa al dente. I like firm quinoa for salads, so I undercook it by 3 minutes and use ratio of 1 cup quinoa:1.25 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Or you can cook it as per package instructions.
- Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl and gently mix just enough to combine. I do not make dressing separately for this type of salad but you could by whisking together lemon (lime) juice, cumin, black pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Serve cold.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.