Besides being married to Alex for over 8 years (w.o.w), I’m married to my veggies. Lately, we ran out of my mom’s supply of organic and free venison (she kinda hunts), and been trying to eat more veggies.
Truth be told, it’s cheaper and healthier. Yep, I refuse to buy GMO corn and soy fed meat and it makes me feel better by saving a cow or two.
This week I explored cauliflower. Like Italians think everything tastes better with Parmesan cheese, if Ukrainians could make cake taste better by adding garlic, they would.
So, I married those two for this embarrassingly easy Roasted Cauliflower recipe.
My Facebook peeps convinced me I should roast the cauliflower. See, I did! And my 7 year old ate a few. He usually takes a bite, puts his thumb up, says “mmmm” and I know if he doesn’t look for it the next day, it means I can have it all.:) Great politician he will make. At least he ate a few. He just wouldn’t touch cooked peppers, zucchini and mushrooms. There is something about kids and cooked veggies, don’t you agree?!
Boy, was it quick and yummy. It really doesn’t get easier than chopping cauliflower head into florets. I barely even wash it. Do you? Then toss it with some olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and cheese. And that garlic, once it’s roasted, I died. It becomes crunchy and a bit burnt. Have you ever tried roasted garlic?! OMG. I died again.
This Roasted Cauliflower is a great side dish. It’s quick enough for a weeknight dinner, yet delicious to add to any celebration’s menu.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7 medium garlic cloves, sliced (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated or finely shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and stir gently with spatula to coat evenly. Transfer in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until soft to a touch with a fork. Then broil on High for a few minutes until a bit charred. Serve immediately while hot and crisp.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving = 1/4:
Total Fat: 5.0 g
Cholesterol: 2.7 mg
Sodium: 359.1 mg
Total Carbs: 11.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.3 g
Protein: 5.6 g
WW Points+: 3