We got juicy shrimp, creamy avocado, sweet grape tomatoes, crunchy bell peppers and cucumbers, fresh cilantro all dressed in a scrumptious garlicky and tangy Greek yogurt dressing. Fresh, creamy and so summery shrimp avocado salad.
This shrimp avocado tomato salad is more than just fantastic. It’s creamy without mayo. I kissed goodbye to mayo drenched salads long time ago. I don’t mind a few tablespoons of avocado mayo in healthy egg salad or healthy potato salad once in a while though. As for shrimp, I used medium size pre-cooked from Costco. From where else?!
How to Make Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Thaw cooked shrimp and drain well. You can also use grilled shrimp or cook raw one in a skillet with a bit of oil until pink (don’t overcook).
- Chop vegetables.
- Add Greek Yogurt Dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Pour over all ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently to combine.
- Serve chilled. You can serve this shrimp avocado tomato salad with extra greens like butter lettuce. Gives the salad a nice crunch and extra nutrition. Enjoy!
Shrimp Avocado Salad
Shrimp Avocado Salad with tomato, cucumber, bell pepper and tasty, healthy and simple Greek Yogurt Dressing without mayo.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 7 servings
- 1 lb cooked frozen shrimp or 12 oz thawed & drained, cut in halves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 medium bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium avocados, cubed
- 1/2 long English cucumber, cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- Add Greek Yogurt Dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Set aside for flavours to “marry” each other.
- In the meanwhile, prep your veggies and add them to a large bowl. Pour dressing over and mix gently to combine. Serve chilled.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days (dressed is OK).
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.