This shrimp avocado salad is so summery or really year round side dish worthy (think Easter and Holidays)!
It’s cold and requires no cooking, it comes together in just 15 minutes – everything you need on a hot summer night. We ate ours over a course of 2 days, from taking to the beach to putting together a quick lunch.
Shrimp and Avocado Salad Ingredients:
We’ve got juicy shrimp, creamy avocado, sweet grape tomatoes, crunchy bell pepper and fresh cilantro.
Shrimp and avocado salad is highly versatile, use what you have:
Doesn’t everyone always have 1/4 of a red onion wrapped in plastic and half a head of lettuce bouncing around your veggie drawers?:) Call me a queen of leftovers but I rarely put anything to waste and it pains me to see others do that.
Veggies and shrimp are dressed in scrumptious garlicky and tangy plain yogurt dressing here. This cold healthy shrimp salad is creamy without mayo, regular or Greek yogurt do the job.
I came up with this recipe back in 2013 when I still blended yogurt dressing in a food processor.
Why would I do that? I think under the influence of cooking magazines. Now I would never-ever-EVER think to blend a salad dressing in a food processor for one use. What mom does that?!
How to Make Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Whisk yogurt, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper with a fork in a small bowl.
- Chop vegetables, pour dressing over them and mix gently to combine. Serve chilled.
More Healthy Avocado Salad Recipes to Try:
- 3 ingredient avocado salad – so tasty, simple and refreshing for summer.
- Chickpea avocado cucumber salad – high protein salad with cucumber and tomato.
- Corn tomato avocado salad – juicy, loaded with 2 minute Instant Pot or grilled corn.
- Avocado and tuna salad with spinach and mango – not your boring tuna salad.
Shrimp Avocado Salad
Healthy Shrimp and Avocado Salad comes together in 15 minutes. Creamy, easy and simply the best shrimp salad ever!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 7 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 3/4 cup regular or Greek plain yogurt, 2+% fat
- 2 tsp any light colour vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Shrimp Avocado Salad:
- 1 lb cooked frozen shrimp, thawed & drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 3 medium avocados, chopped
- 1 (1 lb) long English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, add yogurt, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork and set aside.
- Chop vegetables and add them to a large salad bowl.
- Pour dressing on top and mix gently to combine. Serve chilled.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 2 days (dressed is OK).
If using thick Greek yogurt, thin it out with a few tbsp of water.
Smaller size shrimp is great for this salad as it’s cheaper. If using large shrimp, cut in half.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.