Avocado Corn Salad with fresh or frozen corn, cucumber, tomato, avocado and a hint of lime is a perfect summer salad. Tasty, refreshing and so easy, it will disappear fast at any gathering!
Table of contents
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
This avocado corn salad is delicious, refreshing, has a hint of lime in every bite and is absolutely fantastic without cilantro but rather with green onion. Naked truth I discovered with avocado salad. Perfect salad for a hot summer day! I have been dreaming to make corn avocado salad for years. I just didn’t know how to cook corn.
When I was little in Ukraine, we boiled corn but never did we grill it and then cut off the cob. We rubbed ear of steaming corn with butter burning our little fingers. It melted in front of our eyes. Then we sprinkled corn with salt and sank teeth into it, burning our little mouths.
Ingredients for Avocado Corn Salad
- Corn: You can use fresh or frozen corn. Fresh corn is great during summer months but in winter I rely heavily on a giant bag of frozen organic corn from Costco for $12. I would not recommend to use canned corn though – it is not same taste.
- Cucumber and Tomatoes: Baby cucumbers and grape/cherry tomatoes look pretty, are often more tasty than many large ones and are affordable during summer months. But English cucumber and regular tomatoes chopped into same size smaller pieces work just as well. We make this cucumber tomato salad recipe year round!
- Avocado: When picking avocado, look for brown skin fruit that is firm but gives in to the touch. Amazing creaminess! I would not use frozen avocado though.
- Lime, green onion, olive oil, salt and pepper is basically your corn avocado salad dressing.
How to Cook Corn on the Cob
- Grill: Grill corn without the husk on medium heat for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so.
- Instant Pot corn: 2 minutes under high pressure with quick release and corn is ready. To be honest, this is my favorite way to cook corn now – so easy!!!
- Microwave: Lovely reader, Connie, suggested to microwave corn. Thank you! Cut off the end, put in the microwave with the husk still on and cook for 4 minutes. After you can pick it up by the end and it will slide out of the husk.
How to Make Avocado Corn Salad
- Prep corn: If you cooked corn as per one of three methods listed above – grill, pressure cooker or microwave, let it cool and then cut off kernels from the cob. If you would like to use frozen corn, place it in a colander into a bowl with hot water for a few minutes and then drain thoroughly.
- Combine all ingredients: To a medium salad bowl, add corn, cucumber, tomato, cubed avocado, green onion, lime zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. No need to make dressing separately.
- Stir gently: Avocado is a delicate fruit. So stir gently to avoid turning it into a mush. If your avocado is very soft, I recommend to stir salad without it first and then add it in and give just a few stirs.
What to Serve Corn Avocado Salad With?
Here are my favorite clean proteins to pair salad with any time of the year:
- 5 easy chicken marinades to marinate chicken breasts or thighs for as little as 30 minutes.
- Baked salmon in foil – has very simple seasoning.
- Turkey tacos – literally 15 mins to make.
- Baked chicken thighs – another simple ingredients recipe that pairs well.
If it is summer and you are grilling:
How to Store and Make Ahead
To Store: Corn avocado salad leftovers keep well refrigerated for about one day. Salad will not last more than 24 hours – it is that popular! So, don’t worry past day one. It’s that good, aha.
To Make Ahead: Add all ingredients, except avocado, to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Add diced avocado and stir right before serving.
More Favorite Salad Recipes
Looking for more ideas? Check out 45 most popular salad ideas on iFOODreal.
Avocado Corn Salad
- 3 ears of corn 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 lb mini cucumbers or 1 large English cucumber sliced
- 1 lb grape/cherry tomatoes cut in halves or regular size, chopped
- 3 medium-large avocados cubed
- 3 green onion sprigs finely chopped
- 1 lime zest and juice of
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- To cook corn:°Grill: Remove corn from the husk and grill on medium heat for 20 mins or so, turning every 5 mins.°Instant Pot corn – so easy!!!°Microwave: Remove the end and microwave with husk on for 4 minutes. After you can pick it up by the end and it will slide out of the husk.°Frozen corn: Place in a colander into a bowl with hot water for a few minutes and then drain thoroughly.
- To remove cooked corn kernels off the cob, hold cob vertically with narrow tip down on a cutting board and using a chef’s knife cut them off in “stripes”.
- In a large salad bowl, add corn, cucumber, tomato, avocado, green onion, lime zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 1 day.
Make Ahead: Add all ingredients, except avocado, to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Add diced avocado and stir right before serving.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.