Salmon stir fry with wild salmon, crispy green beans, and meaty mushrooms stir fried with soy sauce, ginger and garlic, then topped with sesame seeds and green onions. 20 minute dinner that is high in protein, rich with heart healthy fats and low in carbs. Delicious! My kids were licking the plates. This salmon stir fry reminded me of my favourite Asian fusion restaurant – P.F. Chang’s.
It is salmon season now and we can’t get enough of it (see Thai salmon and honey garlic salmon). I used fresh sockeye salmon but feel free to use any other salmon, preferably wild caught. Green beans are a perfect accompaniment to salmon. You could also use frozen green beans, yellow wax beans or broccoli. For spices, I used Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, garlic and ginger. That’s it and it was to die for!
In a medium mixing bowl, combine salmon with 2 tbsp soy sauce and let marinate while you are getting other ingredients ready. I have left the skin on but you don’t have to. At my house, we like crispy fish skin.
Preheat large deep skillet or a non-stick wok on low – medium heat and add sesame oil. Add salmon, garlic, ginger and cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
Then add veggies with more spices, cook, mix with salmon and voila.
Simple enough, right?! And you don’t need any bottled sauces to make healthy eating delicious.
- 1.5 lbs salmon fillet, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, divided (I used Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 11 oz green beans, trimmed & cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed & divided
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced & divided
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine salmon with 2 tbsp soy sauce and let marinate while you are getting other ingredients ready.
- Preheat large deep skillet or a non-stick wok on low - medium heat and add 1 tsp sesame oil. Add salmon, 1/2 tbsp garlic, 1/2 tbsp ginger and cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium - high and add remaining sesame oil to the skillet. Add green beans, mushrooms, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp garlic, 1/2 tbsp ginger and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. I like vegetables to be crispy, so cook a bit longer if you like them softer. Return salmon to the skillet, squeeze lemon over, top with green onions and sesame seeds. Stir gently, remove from heat and serve hot.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving = 1 + 1/4 cup:
Total Fat: 21.0 g
Cholesterol: 130.0 mg
Sodium: 676.0 mg
Total Carbs: 7.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
Protein: 49.7 g
WW Points+: 10