Once you try Instant Pot Corn on the Cob, you will never boil it on the stove again! Corn comes out juicy in as little as 10 minutes total cook time.
I was shocked. And at my age, it is hard to surprise me. 🙂 You will love Instant Pot for cooking corn.
Instant Pot Corn
Did you know Instant Pot corn on the cob takes 2 minutes? I was shocked. Why do it any other way??
I grew up in Ukraine and “our” corn took 2 hours to cook and cool. Not sure why… I remember grandma’s kitchen got so hot and us kids couldn’t wait to sink our teeth into juicy corn.
But nowadays, Instant Pot corn is where it’s at. I swear it is one of my most favorite Instant Pot recipes ever.
Fresh corn, watermelon and bananas are my favorite sweet fruit and veggies. I am so happy to have it back! What is yours?
How to Pick Best Corn at the Store
- Husk: Look for corn that is wrapped tightly in its green husks.
- Silk: Silk should be soft, perky and moist. Not sticky, brown and going bad.
- Kernels: Peel the husk a bit and choose corn with white or yellow kernels in tight rows that are plump.
How to Cook Corn in Instant Pot
- Add water and trivet: To any size Instant Pot, add 1 cup water and place trivet inside.
- Add as many ears of corn as you can fit: Full ears of corn will fit into 8 quart pot easy – I fit 5 large ears (pictured). You can snap ears of corn in halves to fit in 6 and 3 quart models.
- Pressure Cook on High Pressure for 2 minutes: Instant Pot will take about 5 minutes to come to pressure. If it’s summer, set it outside to keep kitchen cool.
- Do Quick Release: Turn vent to Venting right after 2 minutes is up. That’s it!
Tips for Best Instant Pot Corn
- Remove husk from corn before cooking.
- Snap corn in halves to fit more into pot, especially for 3 quart and if making lots of corn for a crowd.
- Add boiling water to speed up Instant Pot coming to pressure. It will take like 3 minutes.
- Set Instant Pot outside to cook and vent to keep kitchen cool. 99% chances you will be cooking corn in summer. 🙂
- Keep corn warm all day in Instant Pot with Keep Warm feature as nobody likes cold corn. This is my fave pot’s function for this recipe. 🙂
What to Serve Corn on the Cob with?
- Butter and salt: As you rub a slice of butter on a hot ear of corn watch it melt. If it is salted butter you don’t even have to sprinkle corn with salt. This is my fave!
- Lime and spice: To take Instant Pot corn to the next level squeeze with lime juice and sprinkle with cayenne or chili powder.
- Feta and garlic: If you rub hot ear of corn with freshly grated garlic and then sprinkle with feta cheese, it will melt and turn into delicious garlic cheese sauce. A version of Mexican street corn salad.
FAQ: Is Corn GMO?
Today corn gets a bad rap because majority of corn in North America is GMO corn.
There are 142 GMO corn species in the US that is herbicide, insect and disease resistant. 90% of it goes into animal feed and the rest into production of high fructose corn syrup, alcohol, cornstarch and vinegar.
That’s why I’m so vigilant buying these products non-GMO project verified or organic. So, that’s “field corn”. Good news is that most “sweet corn” on the cob sold in stores is non-GMO.
Need more Instant Pot inspiration? Then collection of 40 healthy Instant Pot recipes is for you.
Recipes to Make with Corn
- Mexican street corn salad with creamy feta cheese and cilantro.
- Corn avocado salad – summer in a bowl.
- Chicken zucchini and corn – 20 minute skillet dinner.
- Healthy taco salad
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 1 cup water
- 4-8 ears of corn
- To any size Instant Pot, add water and place trivet inside.
- Add as many ears of corn as can fit. Snap in halves if too long.
- Close the lid, set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High for 2 minutes (YES, that's correct). If making this recipe in summer, set your pressure cooker outside to keep kitchen cool.
- When Instant Pot says Off or switches to Keep Warm mode, do Quick Release by turning sealing valve to Venting position until the pin drops down.
- Open the lid and your corn on the cob is ready! Isn't it amazing?!
- Serve with butter and salt. And my other favourite part - keep corn warm all day in Instant Pot with Keep Warm feature as nobody likes cold corn.:)
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.