Healthy Iced Coffee with almond milk, sugar free, low calorie, and much cheaper and healthier than Starbucks. Make DIY homemade iced coffee on a hot summer day and save about $4. Repeat for a month and buy yourself a pair of Lululemon pants. Ha!
Healthy iced coffee made with cold (leftover) coffee, almond milk and without any added sugar. On a hot summer day, this glass of homemade iced coffee will satisfy your late afternoon sweet tooth craving.
Much cheaper and healthier than Starbucks and is so darn easy to make at home.
What Coffee Beans to Use?
If you brew coffee at home, do not discard any leftovers. Refrigerate for up to 2 days and make iced coffee recipe. Of course, quality of coffee beans matters and better the coffee grounds, the tastier the end result.
We usually buy organic coffee beans and grind them once a week. I can’t recommend you one particular brand because there are just so many and selection varies by location. So, just use the coffee you normally drink.
4 Ways to Customize Your Healthy Iced Coffee:
- Use any milk: dairy, almond, coconut, rice, soy or hemp milk. My latest obsession is Califia Farms, so tasty!
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg or more (skip) vanilla extract.
- Add maple syrup to taste if you are craving a tad of sweetness.
- Change the ratio of coffee : milk. 50:50, 30:70 or whatever you want.
More Healthy Cold Drinks
Next hot summer day try:
Enjoy this healthy iced coffee!Print
Healthy Iced Coffee
Healthy Iced Coffee Recipe with almond milk, sugar free, low calorie, and much cheaper and healthier than Starbucks.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 glass 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: No Cooking
- Cuisine: North American
- 1/2 – 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup coffee, cold
- 1/2 cup any milk (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a tall glass, add ice, coffee, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir with a long spoon, adjust to taste and enjoy immediately.
Store: Do not throw away “old” coffee. Refrigerate for up to 2 days and when ready combine all ingredients and make a healthy iced coffee.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.