Healthy Iced Coffee with almond milk, sugar free, low calorie, and much cheaper and healthier than Starbucks.
Healthy iced coffee made with cold (leftover) coffee, almond milk and without any added sugar. On a hot summer day, it will satisfy your late afternoon craving. Pair with sugar free cookie, zucchini brownies or any of these healthy snacks or muffins and it’s pure mid-summer heaven!
Homemade iced coffee is much cheaper and healthier than Starbucks iced coffee. Same goes for egg bites. Not to mention, easy to make any time of the day or year. I love it for a summer breakfast with syrniki and fresh berries!
Ingredients for Iced Coffee
- Coffee: Quality of coffee beans matters. To achieve most flavorful coffee, buy coffee beans and grind yourself at home. Also organic is a healthy choice as coffee is heavily sprayed with pesticides. Good news is it is not much more expensive.
- Milk: Use any milk like almond milk, dairy, coconut, rice, soy or hemp milk. My latest obsession is Califia Farms. So tasty on its own, especially with a slice of healthy carrot cake or healthy pumpkin cake!
- Ice: Ice is a must for this recipe. Don’t skip. 🙂
How to Make Iced Coffee
- Save coffee: If you brew coffee at home, do not discard any leftovers. Refrigerate for up to 2 days and make iced coffee recipe. For less watered down coffee with ice, freeze some coffee in an ice cube tray.
- OR Brew and cool down coffee on the counter: Do not pour hot coffee over ice as it will melt it immediately.
- Combine and stir poured cold coffee, milk and vanilla extract over ice.
- Enjoy immediately!
Variations for Healthy Iced Coffee
- Flavors and spices: Add cinnamon, nutmeg or more (or skip) vanilla extract.
- Turn into affogato: Place a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream or healthy chocolate ice cream in a serving glass. Warm up coffee, milk and vanilla mixture in a microwave until hot. Pour the hot coffee over the ice cream.
- Liquid sweetener: Add maple syrup or agave to taste if you are craving a tad of sweetness. It has less prominent taste and dissolves better than honey.
- Dry sweetener: If you would like to use a bit of sugar or any keto sweetener like monk fruit etc., make sure to stir it with hot coffee to help dissolve. It will not dissolve in cold liquid.
- Cocoa or cacao powder: Whisk in with a fork or small whisk 1-2 tsp with hot or cold coffee for that mocha flavor.
- Ratios: Change the ratio of coffee to milk. 50:50, 30:70 or whatever you want.
More Healthy Summer Recipes
Next hot summer day try:
- Mango ice cream
- Healthy no bake cheesecake
- Lime iced tea
- Green smoothie
- Healthy strawberry smoothie
- Healthy blueberry muffins
- Healthy cupcakes
You may also love to serve this at brunch with healthy french toast casserole.
Enjoy this healthy coffee!
Healthy Iced Coffee
- 1/2 - 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup coffee cold
- 1/2 cup any milk I used unsweetened almond
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a tall glass, add ice, coffee, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir with a long spoon, adjust to taste and enjoy immediately.
Store: Do not throw away "old" coffee. Refrigerate for up to 2 days and when ready combine all ingredients and make a healthy iced coffee.
- Do not pour hot coffee over ice as it will melt it immediately.
- Freeze coffee in ice cube tray and use for more concentrated iced coffee.
- My favorite plant-based milk for coffee is Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes without permission. Nutritional info is approximate.