Oh, this Mexican kale salad is sooo good!
Hearty and crunchy salad, where veggies are “swimming” in a cilantro avocado dressing. Kale, black beans, corn and tomatoes combined with a bit of jalapenos for a heat kick, red onion, cilantro and tossed in a tangy, creamy with a cumin flavour punch dressing. Serve alongside grilled chicken and your dinner is done!
Mexican Kale Salad
Creamy Mexican Kale Salad Recipe made with black beans, corn, peppers, tomato, cilantro and tossed with a tangy cumin flavoured avocado dressing.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups baby or full-grown kale (stalks removed & coarsely chopped), packed
- 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 + 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeño peppers, seeded & minced
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add Salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- In a food processor, blender or Magic Bullet, process Dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad, toss and serve.
Store: Refrigerate tossed or separately for up to 24 hours.
Make Ahead: You could prepare Salad and Dressing in advance and combine before serving. The Dressing does get brown a bit but once mixed with the Salad, it’s not noticeable.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.