We got juicy shrimp, creamy avocado, sweet grape tomatoes, crunchy bell peppers and cucumbers, fresh cilantro all dressed in a scrumptious garlicky and tangy Greek yogurt dressing. Fresh, creamy and so summery shrimp avocado tomato salad.
This shrimp avocado salad is more than just fantastic. It’s creamy without mayo. I kissed good bye to mayo salads long time ago. I don’t mind a few tablespoons of organic mayo once in 6 months but not more than that. And you won’t miss it in this scrumptious salad – Greek yogurt combined with avocado and apple cider vinegar make this salad sexy tangy and creamy, just like tomato and red onion salad.
I used medium size pre-cooked shrimp from Costco. I have no idea if it’s wild or sustainably raised/caught and don’t wanna know. Shrimp falls into 20% of the 80/20 rule for me. Again, don’t judge me. I spend fair amount of my life hunting organic meat, dairy and produce. I just can’t look for organic shrimp at this time. And we don’t eat it that often anyways. Any size shrimp would work.
You can serve this shrimp avocado tomato salad with extra greens like butter lettuce. Gives the salad a nice crunch and extra nutrition. Enjoy!
- 1 lb cooked frozen shrimp or 12 oz thawed & drained, cut in halves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 2 medium bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium avocados, cubed
- 1/2 long English cucumber, cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tiny garlic clove
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add Greek Yogurt Dressing ingredients to a small food processor or Magic Bullet and process until smooth. Set aside for flavours "to marry" each other.
- In the meanwhile, prep your veggies and add them to a large bowl. Pour dressing over and mix gently to combine. Serve chilled.
Servings Per Recipe: 7
Amount Per Serving = 1 cup:
Total Fat: 8.0 g
Cholesterol: 95.9 mg
Sodium: 291.9 mg
Total Carbs: 6.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
Protein: 17.9 g
WW Points+: 4