Cranberry orange oatmeal cookies that are nutty, chewy and full of season’s flavour. They are delicate, airy and super moist. And healthy! Bursting with fresh cranberries. Yum!
I took a few cookies for my friend as we went for a day of shopping and she loved them! She quickly noticed the taste of coconut oil. My Italian neighbours highly approved as well and she suggested to use lemon if you are not a big fan of orange like her.
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies FAQs & Tips
How to make almond meal at home?
I do not follow a gluten free diet but rather keep everything in balance. Therefore, I never buy gluten free flour mixes as I find many people like me do not have them on hand. What I always have on hand is almonds and quick oats. I make my own almond meal by grinding almonds in a food processor into fine powder. That way I always can bake gluten free without spending extra $$$ and making a trip to the store.
Can I use dried cranberries?
Fresh cranberries add such a nice tartness and a burst of flavour. No need to chop them, leave them whole – that way they won’t get lost in the cookies.
You can use dried cranberries but fresh are the best!
How to bring an egg to room temperature fast?
To warm up the egg, place in a cup with hot water for 5 minutes.
What to do if coconut oil has solidified while I was making the dough?
If coconut oil solidifies, fill the bottom of kitchen sink with hot water and place the bowl in it for 15 minutes.
Cool them down!
It is important to let the cookies cool down completely otherwise they will crumble.
More Healthy Cookies Recipes
- Almond flour chocolate chip cookies
- Healthy chocolate chip cookies
- Healthy chocolate oatmeal cookies
- Healthy gingerbread cookies recipe
- Healthy oatmeal cookies recipe
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice 1/2 extra large orange juice of
- Zest of extra large orange
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups quick oats use certified gluten free oats for GF version
- 1 + 3/4 cups almond meal finely ground almonds
- 1 cup cranberries fresh
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and whisk until well combined. If coconut oil solidifies, fill the bottom of kitchen sink with hot water and place the bowl in it for 15 minutes.
- Stir in oats and almond meal until combined. Then gently stir in cranberries.
- Using 1.5" wide cookie scoop, drop cookie dough on prepared baking sheet 1" apart (cookies do not spread much).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cookies turn golden brown. Remove from the oven, cool on the sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool off completely.
Store: Store in a cool dry place for a week or freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com