I recently started drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning.
I do not think lemon water recipe is a cure for everything, I still think lemon water is pretty powerful. Just like kombucha. So, while I don’t think lemon water is “a miracle pill”, there are definitely health benefits from lemon water in the morning.
Health Benefits of Warm Lemon Water in the Morning
- Lemons contain a lot of vitamin C that boosts your immune system. Chances are you wouldn’t eat half a lemon on its own each day, so adding some to water is a great alternative.
- Lemon water helps your digestion, flushes out toxins and cleanses the liver.
- It helps reduce pain in your knees and joints.
Final verdict – lemon water is just good for you. You can read more about full benefits here. To reap the most benefits you have to drink lemon water first thing in the morning and it has to be warm.
How to Make Lemon Water
- Squeeze lemon juice into a glass. Both hand held lemon reamer and glass lemon juicer reamer work well. It’s a matter of personal preference. The only difference – glass one catches the seeds.
- Add warm water. To make water warm, I mix boiling water with cold filtered water. Another option is to turn off kettle before water reaches boiling (you just have to wait by the kettle).
How to Make Lemon Water
How to make lemon water at home or easy lemon water detox recipe video. Including health benefits of warm lemon water in the morning and how to prevent teeth enamel damage.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup cold water*
- 1/3 cup boiling water*
*To make warm water, I usually mix boiling water from the kettle (I hope you have one?!) and fridge filtered water. Another option is to turn off kettle before water reaches boiling. You just have to wait by the kettle and turn it off on time.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.
How to Prevent Teeth Enamel Damage
A reader brought to my attention that lemon water (like limes, grapefruits and apple cider water) can damage your teeth enamel with time. Dr. Sara Solomon gives us 5 tips to prevent teeth damage without giving up our morning ritual:
- Dilute lemon juice in 8 oz of water – I would do 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp boiling water + rest cold water.
- Drink lemon water with a straw.
- Rinse your mouth right after drinking lemon water.
- Avoid brushing teeth for 60 minutes after.
- Use soft toothbrush and avoid aggressive brushing.