10 minute Clean Eating side dish easy enough for a weeknight dinner. This recipe serves 4 people and because it was so amazing we had no leftovers. Kids loved it! One night I doubled the recipe and made a second batch for my neighbour who brought me a roasted unmedicated chicken from Pomme (West Coast natural foods store). So, that was dinner. I think kids had pasta as well. You could serve this Sesame Cauliflower and Bell Peppers on top of brown rice, quinoa or any whole grain pasta for a vegan dinner. Kind of a stir fry.
I think it is a cauliflower season in California, so I have been buying a head of organic cauliflower ($5) on a weekly basis. It is easy to cook and kids usually like it.
If you have time or for a weekend treat, I would recommend to try my cauliflower pizza crust recipe.
More Healthy Cauliflower Side Dishes:
- Cilantro lime cauliflower with avocado and all the Mexican flavors. Healthy Tex Mex!
- Smashed cauliflower bites with garlic and cheese, and then roasted.
- Skillet cauliflower gratin with light cheesy sauce and crunchy topping.
Sesame Cauliflower and Bell Peppers
- 2 lbs cauliflower small-medium head, coarsely chopped
- 2 large bell peppers coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 3 tbsp green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat large skillet on low-medium heat and coat with sesame seed oil. Add cauliflower and bell peppers, cover with a lid and cook for 8 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk Sauce ingredients and pour into skillet. Stir to coat veggies and cook a few more minutes until sauce has thickened. Stir again, sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve hot with meat of choice, or over pasta, quinoa or brown rice.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipes and images are a copyright of ifoodreal.com. It is against the law to republish recipes anywhere including social media, print and all world wide web. Nutritional info is provided for informational purposes only and to the best knowledge.