10 minute Clean Eating side dish easy enough for a weeknight dinner. This recipe serves 4 people and because it was so amazing we had no leftovers. Kids loved it! One night I doubled the recipe and made a second batch for my neighbour who brought me a roasted unmedicated chicken from Pomme (West Coast natural foods store). So, that was dinner. I think kids had pasta as well. You could serve this Sesame Cauliflower and Bell Peppers on top of brown rice, quinoa or any whole grain pasta for a vegan dinner. Kind of a stir fry.
I think it is a cauliflower season in California, so I have been buying a head of organic cauliflower ($5) on a weekly basis. It is easy to cook and kids usually like it.
If you have time or for a weekend treat, I would recommend to try my cauliflower pizza crust recipe.
More Healthy Cauliflower Side Dishes:
- Cilantro lime cauliflower with avocado and all the Mexican flavors. Healthy Tex Mex!
- Smashed cauliflower bites with garlic and cheese, and then roasted.
- Skillet cauliflower gratin with light cheesy sauce and crunchy topping.
Sesame Cauliflower and Bell Peppers
Sesame Cauliflower & Bell Peppers Recipe is easy healthy side dish made on a stovetop and ready in 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 lbs cauliflower (small-medium head), coarsely chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 3 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat large skillet on low-medium heat and coat with sesame seed oil. Add cauliflower and bell peppers, cover with a lid and cook for 8 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk Sauce ingredients and pour into skillet. Stir to coat veggies and cook a few more minutes until sauce has thickened. Stir again, sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve hot with meat of choice, or over pasta, quinoa or brown rice.
Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.