Lazy Instant Pot Lasagna without a springform pan in 30 minutes. Uncooked pasta, meat and sauce cook in a pressure cooker to make the best, easy and healthy lasagna! I don’t think I will make traditional lasagna but this until kids grow up.
My kids love any time I make Instant Pot spaghetti or spaghetti with tomato sauce. It’s all pasta. I know dinner will be eaten. And in summer, we often make low carb zucchini lasagna. So, this recipe was expectedly a hit. Enjoy!
Pressure Cooker Lasagna
Words can’t describe how good and easy this pressure cooker lasagna is. Bold flavor, tender noodles, melted cheese – all there. In one pot. Pinch me!
And without the springform pan. Did you hear me? I don’t own a springform pan because I’m not a baker. And because it is teflon coated which I am against.
I have been scratching my head if making lazy lasagna in Instant Pot will work?! Will it cause the dreaded Burn?
It did not. It worked!
I experiment with healthy Instant Pot recipes weekly and Instant Pot lasagna is our latest obsession. Overall, I’m obsessed with my Instant Pot. Period. I own an 8 quart and that’s what you see. It is a must have for any mama!
Lazy Instant Pot Lasagna Ingredients
Lazy Instant Pot lasagna ingredients are lazy and very versatile. I am sorry but I just can’t stop saying “easy”.
My mind is blown how it took 3 minutes of prep and 7 minutes cooking time to make very close to traditional lasagna.
- Ground meat
- Lasagna noodles
- Tomato sauce
- Spinach or kale
- Mozzarella or cheddar cheese
I literally used the cheapest plain tomato sauce out there. My only word of caution is if your tomato sauce is not low sodium, use less salt.
I do not use ricotta or cottage cheese, nor add eggs. Dairy doesn’t cook well in a pressure cooker plus I don’t miss it in lasagna. And eggs are not necessary since no cottage cheese. I told you it’s so easy!!!
You can skip kale or spinach if you are not a fan. You can also make lasagna vegetarian by skipping meat or using tofu or cooked white beans.
How to Make Lasagna In Instant Pot
If you are new to pressure cooking, check out my Instant Pot guide for beginners.
I am using my 8 quart Instant Pot to make lasagne. If you are using 6 quart, your lasagna will be taller which is fine. You can also create an extra layer.
Cooking Ground Meat
- Press Saute and wait until display says Hot. Takes 3-5 mins. Don’t panic.
- Cook ground turkey with a bit of oil, breaking into small pieces.
- Midway add spices. We want ground meat seasoned well and other ingredients will absorb its flavor.
- Remove half of the meat into the bowl and press Cancel.
The only main thing to remember when layering lasagna in Instant Pot is you want your meat on a bottom and tomato sauce on top. Other than that, it’s a free fall, freends.
Layer #1: Add water on top of half of ground turkey and break 4 noodles in half and lay on top.
Layer #2: Add half of kale and break 4 noodles in half and lay on top.
Layer #3: Add ground turkey from the bowl, remaining half of kale and pour 14 oz can tomato sauce on top.
Layer #4: Break 4 noodles in half and lay on top. Then pour remaining 14 oz can of tomato sauce.
How Long to Cook Lasagna in Pressure Cooker?
7 minutes and then let stand (Natural Pressure Release) for 10 minutes. Only then you can turn valve to Venting and release pressure, if any left.
When you open the lid, lasagna will be like a casserole, a bit saucy. Not soupy or messy though. The longer lasagna sits, the more it will be like lasagna as pasta absorbs the liquids and settles.
Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and let lasagna sit for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Do not cook with cheese. Instant Pot stays warm for a while, especially if you have Keep Warm on. Covered pot is enough to melt the cheese.
You cut through Instant Pot lasagna with a spoon, knife or spatula. It will feel like cutting butter. That’s how tender this lasagna is!
Serve hot garnished with parsley and freshly cracked pepper. Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top.
How to Reheat Lasagna
Are you tired of hearing how much I love my Instant Pot yet? I know but I truly do. Bear with me for more.
Because I’m a food blogger, our dinner is often ready at 1 PM. With Instant Pot lasagna, Keep Warm function for 10 hours is amazing. Since there is a bit of liquid on the bottom, lasagna keeps warm without burning.
To reheat cold lasagna, I simply put inner pot back in the outer pot, cover with the lid and press Steam or Pressure Cook for 1 minute. Even Saute works. If you don’t see much liquid on the bottom, add 1/4 cup. We need a bit to create steam and warm lasagna through.
More Instant Pot-One Pot Dinners
Did you know we have entire Youtube channel dedicated to healthy Instant Pot recipes and tips? My goal is to help you become confident with your Instant Pot by demonstrating each delicious foolproof recipe in step-by-step videos.
Make sure to subscribe and hit the Bell icon not to miss new videos.
- Instant Pot mac and cheese
- Instant Pot chicken alfredo
- Instant Pot beef stew
- Instant Pot parmesan chicken pasta
- Instant Pot spaghetti
- Instant Pot ground turkey quinoa bowls
- Browse more 30 healthy dinner Instant Pot recipes.
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot lasagna as much as we do. It is so seriously healthy, easy and may I say authentic?!
Would love to hear from you in the comments below!Print
Instant Pot Lasagna
Lazy Instant Pot Lasagna without a springform pan in 30 mins. Uncooked pasta, meat and sauce cook in one pot in a pressure cooker and make the best, easy and healthy lasagna. I don’t think I will make traditional lasagna until kids grow up.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 11 oz (12 sheets) lasagna noodles
- 2 x 14 oz cans tomato sauce, low sodium
- 3 cups kale or spinach, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz (1 cup) mozzarella or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Parsley, for garnish
- On Instant Pot, press Saute and wait until display says Hot. Takes 3-5 mins. Swirl oil to coat and add ground turkey. Start breaking into pieces with spatula.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Keep cooking until brown or about 5 minutes, constantly breaking into small pieces and stirring.
- Press Cancel and remove half of ground turkey into a bowl. Time to layer lasagna.
- Layer #1: Add water and break 4 noodles in half and lay on top.
- Layer #2: Add half of kale and break 4 noodles in half and lay on top.
- Layer #3: Add ground turkey from the bowl, remaining half of kale and pour 14 oz can tomato sauce on top.
- Layer #4: Break 4 noodles in half and lay on top. Then pour remaining 14 oz can of tomato sauce.
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Let pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes and then turn valve to Venting.
- When you open the lid, lasagna will be like a casserole, a bit saucy. Not soup though. The longer lasagna sits, the more it will be like lasagna as pasta absorbs the liquids and settles.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and let lasagna sit for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Do not cook with cheese. Instant Pot stays warm for a while, especially if you have Keep Warm on. Covered pot is enough to melt the cheese.
- Cut with a spoon or spatula and serve hot. Keep warm to eat later. To reheat, add 1/4 cup of water and press pressure cook for 1 minute or Steam.
Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.
You can use ground chicken, beef, pork or venison.
Instead of Italian seasoning I use 1 tsp basil +1 tsp oregano + 1 tsp thyme
I used kamut (whole wheat) noodles. You can also use white or gluten free noodles. Even regular small shape pasta would work.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.