I have gathered most popular healthy potluck recipes on iFOODreal that everyone will be eager to try and yet the recipes that offer nutritional value. When it comes to potluck recipes, we all are looking for recipes that can be prepared ahead and travel well. Either a hearty quinoa salad, a make ahead guacamole that doesn’t brown or a healthy freezer pie, I got you covered with a real food recipe you can bring to your next gathering.
Healthy summer potluck season to you! Memorial Day, 4th of July, Canada Day, Labour Day, Heritage Day – we will take an extra day off with any reason to eat and drink more.
And if you are looking for everyday real food recipe round ups, please check out these:
Mexican Kale Salad Recipe
Mexican Kale Salad Recipe that will be a star of any potluck. Fresh veggies and kale or spinach tossed in easy homemade creamy avocado dressing. So good!
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 15 oz can drained black beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) corn
- 2 diced bell peppers
- 1 1/2 diced large avocado
- 1 diced large tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, add kale, beans, corn, bell pepper, 1 1/2 avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro and jalapenos. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add 1/2 avocado, water, lime juice, cumin, salt , pepper and process until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients in the bowl, stir gently and serve immediately.
Store: Refrigerate tossed or separately for up to 24 hours.
Make Ahead: You could prepare Salad and Dressing in advance and combine before serving. Dressing browns a bit but isn’t noticeable once combined with salad.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating in the comments.