A result of weekly trips to local farmers market is raw zucchini salad recipe and kale tacos. I had all these veggies on hand I had no idea what to do with. I have to say I love raw zucchini (“hi” ! Combined with edamame beans for extra protein, red cabbage with all its cancer fighting properties, carrots, radishes (my kids weirdly love radishes) and cucumber; poured my homemade Asian salad dressing on top (based on fresh orange juice like my orange ginger dressing) and we had light summer dinner that involves A LOT of chewing. Clearly kids had something else as well because I do not have magic kids. I don’t remember what though, I bet pasta. Last week I was gone for 6 days, and so was gone 10 lbs of pasta when I got back.
I have to warn you this salad is HUGE. I divided it in half – one half we ate over 2 days, and the other half we ate like 3 days later (add dressing before serving). So, this would be great for any summer party, serves a big crowd with lots of fresh veggies. And how convenient to make the salad and dressing ahead for up to 3 days.
I have been going to my local farmers market every Saturday religiously this year. I have no idea where I have been during the past 7 years missing out on all this organic produce. I asked all farmers questions on how they grow their produce and now have my favourite booths to visit. All veggies and fruit I buy are either certified organic or not sprayed/fertilized with any synthetic products.
We had very early spring in Vancouver, so all produce is way ahead of schedule. Past Saturday I even found these no spray cherries. They cost $10 for this container you see but were delicious. And sprayed only with 2 naturally derived things which I forgot what they were. But sounded pretty legit to me.
What do you think of recycling old runners this way? Interesting concept but looks kinda unappealing to me.
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced & chopped
- 4 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups edamame, thawed
- 1/2 large English cucumber, chopped
- 7 large radishes, thinly sliced & chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup Asian Sesame Dressing
- In a large mixing bowl, add all vegetables, pour dressing over and stir to combine. This is a very large salad that serves about 8 - 10 people. You can either make half of the recipe or make full recipe, serve half right away and refrigerate the other half covered (without dressing) for up to 5 days. Dressing keeps well for up to a week as well. Dressed salad can be refrigerated for a few days too. Can be also stored in mason jars for easy grab and go lunches.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving = 1 2/3 cups:
Total Fat: 3.7 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 374.4 mg
Total Carbs: 13.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
Protein: 5.5 g
WW Points+: 3